Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

11 Months later......still no spoiler

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I bought the performance version almost a year ago now, there were no spoilers around. Badging was missing also but several months later I got the badging handled. I have requested the spoiler several times now. Twice it was scheduled to be installed and they contacted me to say it wasn’t available and they would contact me again when they had them.

At what point is it considered, “long enough” to have the parts available that should have been included on the car? $83k and almost a year later I never thought I would be sharing this. Just wondering if anyone else can relate.

Reactions: SomeJoe7777
Mine came installed from the factory. It never fit well and was lifting at the ends after a month. I had a full xpel wrap done and the installer said it was lifting as well, plus a lot of dirt collected under it. They have tried to reinstall it twice, but it always lifts on the ends. The curve of the spoiler just doesn't match the trunk. I will probably just remove it. I might try the one by RPM Tesla. It's supposed to fit better. You might want to consider that too. Also, you should be able to contact your local SC and get yours installed, or just pick it up and keep it to sell online or give to the next owner. Good luck!

Mine came installed from the factory. It never fit well and was lifting at the ends after a month. I had a full xpel wrap done and the installer said it was lifting as well, plus a lot of dirt collected under it. They have tried to reinstall it twice, but it always lifts on the ends. The curve of the spoiler just doesn't match the trunk. I will probably just remove it. I might try the one by RPM Tesla. It's supposed to fit better. You might want to consider that too. Also, you should be able to contact your local SC and get yours installed, or just pick it up and keep it to sell online or give to the next owner. Good luck!

Your experience isn’t promising. I have a complete PPF wrap and wonder if I will have that same fit problem as well. Is the stock spoiler carbon fiber. That cross hatch look? Hoping not since I don’t have any of that on the car. I have a chrome delete but everything is just flat black. Maybe I’ll take a look at RPM. Just irritated that now I have to pay for something that should have been included to begin with.

After waiting around 11 months for the spoiler myself and not receiving any word from Tesla, I just made a Service Appointment and in the body of the text I stated it was to have the rear spoiler installed and to let me know if they didn't have one to install. Turns out they got their hands on one, and it was installed on the scheduled appointment day. Lesson learned for me - be a bit more "proactive" instead of waiting for Tesla to reach out. Not sure this will work for everyone, but it did for me. Good luck.

Your experience isn’t promising. I have a complete PPF wrap and wonder if I will have that same fit problem as well. Is the stock spoiler carbon fiber. That cross hatch look? Hoping not since I don’t have any of that on the car. I have a chrome delete but everything is just flat black. Maybe I’ll take a look at RPM. Just irritated that now I have to pay for something that should have been included to begin with.

I have full coverage Xpel PPF and Mobile Service told me they no longer install spoilers over any kind of wrap. Apparently, somewhere in the SF Bay Area, a spoiler installed over PPF lifted, eventually came loose and flew off and hit the car behind it on the freeway. Over 4 Mobile Service visits and 15 test fits, the 16th spoiler test fit okay, but not perfect. There is a slight gap on the right side of the spoiler. They wouldn't install it over the PPF, but just handed me the spoiler.

I contacted Xpel and they told me there would be no issue installing a spoiler over their PPF as long as it was properly installed.

I was at about 10 months or so after delivery. A few times before I tried to schedule an appt for only spoiler and badge. They would contact me and said they had one. Finally I scheduled an appt for an unrelated thing and they themselves added the spoiler and badge install to the appt. Tech said he brought a handful of them and test fit which one fits the best. It fits well.

The OEM and RPM both have that carbon fiber look. Not really a favorite of mine either. I will probably just have mine removed permanently. I can live without it.

So they told me to show up at a service center to ask for my spoiler....which i did today and was then told "oh, we don't have any of those"...WHAT!

But hey, they have bumpers hanging on the wall in a few different colors with pricing just to show people "hey we have parts, you won't wait forever" but not one spoiler unfortunately :confused:

Just keeping booking service appointments via the app. They'll get tired eventually and get it done for you.

JK - They called me back, I must be working with a fantastic associate (definitely going to give some positive feedback) but she was able to find me a spoiler and they're being pretty reasonable with some other requests i had (re-torqueing my extremely modified suspension for me)

I have a September 2018 delivery and was never contacted, even after I contacted the SC and tried to book an install early this year. Finally, I just booked a Mobile Service appointment and asked for the spoiler uninstalled. I have a full PPF wrap and they offered to install the spoiler once I got it with stronger tape. I'm a few weeks in and it seems ok. The corners show that it's clearly attached and not completely fit to the trunk but it's minor. Not lifting, just natural to the (bad) design, I guess.