Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Steering on 2024 Model Y LR Feels Unusually Tight

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

adcustom

Supporting Member
Jan 26, 2024
NJ
Good morning. I recently got a new Model Y LR and the steering feels much tighter (i.e. physically harder to turn) than any of the 5 Teslas I've owned. Like my 2022 S in Sport Steering Mode is easier to turn than the 2024 Y is in Comfort mode. Could this be indicative of a defect with the Y's power steering? The car has otherwise been perfect (probably the best built Tesla we've gotten yet), but it just feels weirdly hard to steer so I wanted to get your input.

I agree, having had a Model S, then a 2021 Model Y and now having the 2024 Model Y the steering is a bit tighter. Only have 300 miles on it so was going to let the tires settle in then have my local guys look at the alignment. On the 2021 they fixed the chamber on it and took a bunch of rear toe out (Tesla said it was within Specs) and my last set of tires were at 24k and still had very little wear. I'm wondering on the 2024 how the alignment will be and or did they adjust the steering rack somehow.

Reactions: adcustom