Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Steering pre wired for heating?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I spec'd my X without the PUP - the only thing I wanted was the heated steering (it's going to be my wife's car and her hands are like ice cubes) but didn't want to pay $6k for that one feature.

Does anyone know if the steering is pre wired for heating? If so hoping Tesla might un-bundle it again as a software upgrade that can be bought / enabled.

I know the car can be pre heated, and that's a good workaround, however would still be nice to have the heated wheel for her, especially in the North East winters.

I spec'd my X without the PUP - the only thing I wanted was the heated steering (it's going to be my wife's car and her hands are like ice cubes) but didn't want to pay $6k for that one feature.

Does anyone know if the steering is pre wired for heating? If so hoping Tesla might un-bundle it again as a software upgrade that can be bought / enabled.

I know the car can be pre heated, and that's a good workaround, however would still be nice to have the heated wheel for her, especially in the North East winters.

No it’s not pre wired when u remove the steering wheel there is an extra connection to connect to heating element in the steering wheel ...that said I have a heated OEM vegan leather steering wheel i can get you for good price :oops:as I just wrapped a new steering wheel in alcantara ..you just need to get the wire from Tesla to connect to the heating element on the wheel not sure how you would do the software thing though :eek: