Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - Yoke Steering Wheel Removed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How do you find doing rapid, large, steering changes? What do you grab hold of?

Under normal driving roads, you have ample steering to deal with every turn in the road.

On mini roundabouts or T-Junctions you develop a technique where you use the bottom corner of the yoke for leverage, it's very powerful move and easily controlled.

In car parks you can also 'palm' the corner and quickly rotate the yoke full circle if you want for rapid movements.

I'm an Advanced Trained driver and using the 'traditional' feed the wheel type technique still works. Hand motions are the same, except to don't feed the yoke through one hand, but move it back to the yoke as it transitions from one side to the other.

You always have control.

Under normal driving roads, you have ample steering to deal with every turn in the road.

On mini roundabouts or T-Junctions you develop a technique where you use the bottom corner of the yoke for leverage, it's very powerful move and easily controlled.

In car parks you can also 'palm' the corner and quickly rotate the yoke full circle if you want for rapid movements.

I'm an Advanced Trained driver and using the 'traditional' feed the wheel type technique still works. Hand motions are the same, except to don't feed the yoke through one hand, but move it back to the yoke as it transitions from one side to the other.

You always have control.
Thanks for that. I like the minimalism of a yoke, and the additional visibility forward, but have lingering concerns about its ergonomics. But I've long since dropped the stupid "shuffling" action that driving schools and examiners expect (which I'm told is a hangover from early police procedures in the days of no power assistance and large steering wheels), so I'd probably adapt. I guess I just need to try it! How much for yours?

Thanks for that. I like the minimalism of a yoke, and the additional visibility forward, but have lingering concerns about its ergonomics. But I've long since dropped the stupid "shuffling" action that driving schools and examiners expect (which I'm told is a hangover from early police procedures in the days of no power assistance and large steering wheels), so I'd probably adapt. I guess I just need to try it! How much for yours?

Private Message sent...

Mine is arrived in 3 weeks, and in mean time I used my wheel ( in car and truck) like was the yoke.
After installing and go for test... like I was born with yoke between the hands.
😉

You always have control.

Was there any issue regarding insurance increase?