Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Steering pull after half shaft replacement.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone had this problem on a MS P100D?
After many complaints about increasing vibrations under acceleration, I finally got the SC to replace the front half shafts. My tires had 35k so I opted to have them changed at the same visit and the vehicle aligned. I reviewed the post alignment report prior to leaving the SC and it was all in spec; however, the vehicle pulled to the left (it would depart the lane in about 3 seconds). I returned to the SC the next day and waited 3 hrs while they rechecked the alignment and test drove my MS several times. I was finally given a rental. This was Thursday and at the end of day Friday, they still had no idea what is going on. Note: the car drove dead straight prior to service but I always opt for an alignment check after new tires are installed. I ask this on this forum as your input has helped me provide valuable info to the SC in the past; for that, thank you everyone!

My thinking is that it has to be one of the following issues:

1) Half shafts not installed correctly or hardware not tightened correctly. Not likely in my opinion.
2) Their Hunter alignment rack possibly being out of calibration.

One good note is the vibration issue is gone. What do you all think?

Thanks and stay safe,
BD

half shaft is either gonna be installed correctly, or not. they don't really install incorrectly lol. what is most likely is they loosened or disconnected the tie rods and didn't pay much attention putting it back. toe is very sensitive and the car will feel like crap. did they give you an alignment sheet?