Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Steering wheel adjustment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am a shorter than normal male at 5'8"......My inseam is 29.5"......I am having trouble getting a comfortable riding position because the steering wheel does dont go out as far as the wifes Model 3.....if I bring up the seat, I get cramped up and cannot stretch out my legs.......if I move back seat, then I am reaching for the steering wheel with arm about 98% extended.....is there a way to have Tesla adjust the steering wheel to go further out?

Got me....I have the steering wheel all the way out....It is just not going far enough.....There is about 2.5" more travel in my wife's Model 3 than in my Model S.....

Maybe the shorter steering wheel is a newer car thing. They did make the steering wheel removable after 2018.

Mine adjusts out very far. I've got it almost all the way towards the dash.

I would also prefer the wheel to telescope out further than it does. I'm 5'11" on a good day with a 32" inseam - pretty average I suppose. You may experiment with the height of the seat. A higher seat may allow for your legs to bend a little more comfortably.

Yes, the steering wheel would be much better if it could be lowered without obscuring the screen. I set mine so it just barely touches the speed reading. That means I don't easily see the icons in the top left and right of the screen such as hold and the headlight icon, but that's a tradeoff. I'm not willing to clip off the speed reading, however.