Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

still on 2021.32.31

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took delivery of my Model YLR on Oct 22nd this year. Delivered with 2021.35.102 and no updates since.

Strong AT&T, Strong Wifi. Has a tech out to install the home link and he told me it takes about 30 days before they allow updates to you car. Clearly past that milestone at this point.

I am patient, but I see on TeslaFI that something like 53% of the tracked fleet is on 2021.40.6. I am excited for Waypoint and Tidal updates.

Purchased FSD but don't even really care right now when that will activate, happy to let others test it out :)

Jonesing for the latest standard firmware though :)

Do not sweat software releases.
Everyone asks this question. It's not a race. One version is not better than another, nor are you being singled out.

You NEVER rollout software en masse.
• Versions can be make, model, region specific.
• Multiple Autopilot versions (1.0 - 3.0) exist. Different hardware, custom software.
• Forget about the version number beyond the week digits, those are just version and big fixes.

I took delivery on 11/5/2021, version 2021.36.5.5.
I'm still on that version.
It will get here when it gets here.

Last edited:
Reactions: TeeeeeeDub
Everyone asks this question. It's not a race. One version is not better than another, nor are you being singled out.

I am not sweating it, nor do I feel I am being singled out. But objectively a newer version can in fact be better than a current version. For example I am a Tidal user, I would like that integration and that makes that version better than the one I am running, to me. And that's just features, never mind fixed defects. I've been a software developer/leader all my life, and so am quite familiar with rolling out software updates at scale and the pros and cons of going too slow or too fast with that process.

Coming over from a 2017 Chevy Bolt EV (where OTA updates were promised but never realized), one of the main reasons I chose Tesla was for the realized promise of relatively frequent OTA updates.

Having said all that, I am super happy with my Tesla. I love these threads that uncover how the OTA process is proceeding across the fleet. I like hearing other people's stories about their own experiences, and sharing mine. I am simply very excited to get updates which _for me_ are better than what I currently have.

But to be clear though, I take your note in the spirit in which it was intended, and I appreciate the perspective.

Cheers,
Ron

Reactions: FFR6288
Following-up, I received my first update last night, to 2021.44.6 (December 16th release) from 2021.35.102, so almost 2 months to the day. I have my update setting set to Advanced.

Curious to see if I start getting them more regularly. I understand the annual holiday release started to seed yesterday which sounds fun.

Cheers,
Ron

You NEVER rollout software en masse.
• Versions can be make, model, region specific.
• Multiple Autopilot versions (1.0 - 3.0) exist. Different hardware, custom software.
• Forget about the version number beyond the week digits, those are just version and big fixes.

I took delivery on 11/5/2021, version 2021.36.5.5.
I'm still on that version.
It will get here when it gets here.
Don't sugar coat it. You know that Tesla hates those people that's why they are not getting the new versions! Elon himself said "don't push the new versions to smokeyismyg, RCM11, and jetserf. F those guys".

/s

• Funny
Reactions: Hurricane4911
Just received the holiday update (2021.44.25.2), only 3 days after my very first software update. Pretty cool update if for no other reason than the clean UI. Love the blind spot camera view on turn signal activation too.

Happy holidays folks!
Ron