Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Still on 2023.2.12...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Folks, you gotta get a life.

Your car will update when it wants to. As a boiling pot, the more you watch, the longer it takes.

When an update appears, don't assume that you are going to get it. There are a LOT of updates that your car won't get. And even if it is an update that your car will get, it has sometimes taken weeks to get the fleet updates. Yes, I said WEEKS!

Just chill and drive.

Many of us are still on a 2022 build!
Generally I agree with you. However, I drive 1.5-3hrs per day, and using hands free bluetooth calling is something I've been able to do for years without much fuss on many makes and models, heck I had an aftermarket stereo in a 1995 Passat that did it, and it's illegal to talk on the phone without hands free system in NYS. Also I have an issue where the entire display will freeze up when driving and nothing can be controlled, no speedometer, no nav, no cameras, no HVAC. I've got it on good authority that both issues are part of 2023.2.12.. I called and asked nicely for a FW bump recently, because the display froze and rebooted and went to max volume and wouldn't turn off/down/mute, and that really sucked/scared the crap out of me while driving.

So, I'm not impatient for the features, but I need my car to do what it did up until February.. which is let me use hands free calling, and not blast my tinnitus to a new level...

Checked tonight, still no update.

Generally I agree with you. However, I drive 1.5-3hrs per day, and using hands free bluetooth calling is something I've been able to do for years without much fuss on many makes and models, heck I had an aftermarket stereo in a 1995 Passat that did it, and it's illegal to talk on the phone without hands free system in NYS. Also I have an issue where the entire display will freeze up when driving and nothing can be controlled, no speedometer, no nav, no cameras, no HVAC. I've got it on good authority that both issues are part of 2023.2.12.. I called and asked nicely for a FW bump recently, because the display froze and rebooted and went to max volume and wouldn't turn off/down/mute, and that really sucked/scared the crap out of me while driving.

So, I'm not impatient for the features, but I need my car to do what it did up until February.. which is let me use hands free calling, and not blast my tinnitus to a new level...

Checked tonight, still no update.
Display lock up while driving? Just push and hold the two buttons to reset. Basically everything will continue to work. FSD still functions. You'll lose most noise source (radio, streaming, signals) but the car is still quite happy doing what it was doing.
The "reset" only resets the display computer, not the other computers.

Display lock up while driving? Just push and hold the two buttons to reset. Basically everything will continue to work. FSD still functions. You'll lose most noise source (radio, streaming, signals) but the car is still quite happy doing what it was doing.
The "reset" only resets the display computer, not the other computers.
Yes, I know, and I have to do it almost every drive, it's annoying to have to keep doing every time I get in the car and put it in reverse..

I'm still on 2022.40.30.10. TeslaFi says I'm one of 161 cars in their fleet on that level.

I just washed the car to see if that will help

(pause)

I swear to my life. I just went out to the car to check network settings, make sure WiFi was on and could reach my router before hitting the Post Reply button.

No problems there. I made no changes to WiFi settings. When I went back to the Software screen, it was Checking for Updates

and it's now downloading 2022.45.15. So, those of you who aren't getting the update, just go to the WiFi settings page and close it, and somehow that will remind the car that it does have WiFi, and should be making good use of it.

Either that, or try washing the car.
I had to laugh out loud for the car washing tip. I mean it has been what I call a 'Canadian Spring' (we got family in Edmonton) here in Oregon with it almost 60 one day and then snow the next or all of the rain moving back up from Cali to its normal path hehe. Storm Shadow needs a bath

Reactions: Undertoad
Folks, you gotta get a life.

Your car will update when it wants to. As a boiling pot, the more you watch, the longer it takes.

When an update appears, don't assume that you are going to get it. There are a LOT of updates that your car won't get. And even if it is an update that your car will get, it has sometimes taken weeks to get the fleet updates. Yes, I said WEEKS!

Just chill and drive.

Many of us are still on a 2022 build!
That's why I put #FirstWorldProblems in the original post its human nature to want the latest thing I guess. The beauty of this forum is commiserating with others in the same boat.

Reactions: DJ Palmis
I'm in Canada and it took over 49 days to go from 2023.2.12 to 2023.6.11. I skipped all the earlier 2023.6.x releases. My car is a Feb 2022 build LR. I was starting to worry that I had another MCU (Computer) problem, but it finally arrived. My average between updates is 12 days, or 7 days from version discovery to install (Thanks teslafi).
This was 11 days from discovery to install, but 2023.6.1 came out March 3 so that's 40 days from discovery to install at the branch level. Frustrating, but at least it finally arrived and my MCU wasn't broken..again. (My cellular modem failed, had to have the main computer completely replaced. Not fun)
My understanding is that every batch of builds can be different, so not every update is compatible/applicable for every car. They're constantly sourcing different parts for the various ICs and computers in the car, so I expect they have to test each build on all the combinations of parts in the fleet. That takes time and they have to more or less get it right every time. Must be a fun job :)

Reactions: SidetrackedSue
IMG_0790.jpeg

I was so excited when I saw the orange arrow.. they’re just teasing me with nav updates 😭

I heard there's a new FSD-beta update coming soon (currently internal testing), 2023.6.15. I know this thread is not about FSD but its relevant to me in this case...

I have a dilemma. Do I download 2023.12.1 (latest non FSD) if given the opportunity? If so I certainly won't be able to download any future FSD-beta for a while given 12.1 is newer than 6.15. I paid $100 this month and got nothing but in the future I could possibly pay $100 again when my first FSD expires (Friday) and try for a FSD-beta build which I'd very much like to do. But also I want all of the nice functionality that 2023.6.15 has including park assist and some new control wheel functionality and Apple Music enhancements and other nice things.

If I get 2023.6.15 I'm out of the beta but will enjoy having the new features. And if I want the beta it means I have to wait some unspecified amount of time, cross my fingers, pay $100 again and hope to get access to 2023.6.15 "some day" with no guarantee whether my $100 buys me anything or not. It's like playing the lottery which I find is pretty annoying.

I heard there's a new FSD-beta update coming soon (currently internal testing), 2023.6.15. I know this thread is not about FSD but its relevant to me in this case...

I have a dilemma. Do I download 2023.12.1 (latest non FSD) if given the opportunity? If so I certainly won't be able to download any future FSD-beta for a while given 12.1 is newer than 6.15. I paid $100 this month and got nothing but in the future I could possibly pay $100 again when my first FSD expires (Friday) and try for a FSD-beta build which I'd very much like to do. But also I want all of the nice functionality that 2023.6.15 has including park assist and some new control wheel functionality and Apple Music enhancements and other nice things.

If I get 2023.6.15 I'm out of the beta but will enjoy having the new features. And if I want the beta it means I have to wait some unspecified amount of time, cross my fingers, pay $100 again and hope to get access to 2023.6.15 "some day" with no guarantee whether my $100 buys me anything or not. It's like playing the lottery which I find is pretty annoying.
Yeah, this is really dumb. I thought the idea of having a single stack is so that everyone gets the same software regardless of having FSD or not. This FSD software version being behind non-FSD stuff is total BS. It should be the other way around if anything, since people paid big money for FSD.

There’s a very large batch of 2023.12.1 going out. (I can see via teslafi) but ONLY it 4% of cars getting this new version are upgrades from 2023.2.12. Seems like only cars with recent updates are getting the latest version and 2023.2.12 remains on ~20% of the fleet.

• Informative
Reactions: Sir Surfalot