TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

store/perserve charging mode ?

Discussion in 'Model S: Battery & Charging' started by NielsChr, Jan 21, 2013.

1. NielsChr

NielsChr Member

#1 NielsChr, Jan 21, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2013
    store/preserve charging mode ?

Does model S have different charging modes like the Roadster ?

I belive it could be usefull to have a "store mode" wich I could activated from time to time - especially in winther time then I don't need the car so offen.
    in a "preserve" mode witch would be in the range 20%<->80% SOC - it would translate to effectivly 60% SOC to work with - I belive this translate into 180 miles EPA equalent. - fully addequent for me 95% of the time

Attached Files:

2. dsm363

dsm363 Roadster + Sig Model S

The Model S only has standard and Range charging modes. Doesn't have a performance or storage mode at this point and don't think they have plans to add it.

3. VolkerP

VolkerP EU Model S P-37

One possible problem with storage mode is that the battery might get out of balance. Not just a little. Range readouts would be unreliable.
    The Roadster's has a different cell chemistry than Model S, so there might be no gain to do a "storage mode" on Model S batteries?