Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Strange Homelink Issue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I have my homelink programmed to auto open and close my garage door. But I am having a very strange issue. First thing in the morning when I go to work it works perfectly. Closes the garage door when I get to the end of my driveway. But the rest of the day it will not auto close. Auto open works 100% of the time. So if I go to the store later in the afternoon the homelink tab pops up as I am backing down the driveway but it will never activate the auto close. Next morning first thing it works again but only once!

I have yet to have it work as designed on either my S or X. When I back out of the garage my gate opens but the garage door will not close. Coming home on the S the gate and garage will open, but with the X the garage will open but not the gate. Have given up trying to reset location etc.

I have to reset the location, now working flawlessly. Leaving or coming back. When leaving, it tells me it's about to close the garage in xx feet and as I roll, the distance counts down. Beeps, and garage closes. Same with coming home. Since I reset the location, it's been working 100% for the past week for me.

-ThinkMac-

I have two homelink devices saved... garage door and entry gate to my community. The entry gate is "auto open" and works perfectly every time. But the garage door has the issues I wrote about. I have reset location numerous times but the problem continues. Again today it auto closed my door perfectly first thing in the morning. But later today it will not work.