Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Strange message in service mode regarding battery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Bought my car in October and based off the full range I doubt the pack was replaced. It shows as 230 at 100%. 2014 P85D
Anyone seen this message or the message below and have an idea what is happening with this?
Tesla GTW locked.jpg

Tesla message Pack repacement routing not complete.jpg

I’m not 100% certain but I believe that’s indicating they didn’t do a firmware redeploy to make sure the gateway and bms are on the same firmware version. You can do a firmware redeploy from the service screen you’re already in. Push the button - it won’t hurt.

I'm surprised its driving with a mismatch...
Ppl who swapped packs reported that firmware must match and Gateway updated with correct pack config to drive.
Must be something with newer software...
Someone in Y forum mentioned that New cars require Pack Swap routine besides firmware re-deploy but it sounds like maybe its "new" software thing..

I’m not 100% certain but I believe that’s indicating they didn’t do a firmware redeploy to make sure the gateway and bms are on the same firmware version. You can do a firmware redeploy from the service screen you’re already in. Push the button - it won’t hurt.
I did not try it. There isn't a re-deploy on the screen that I saw. Touching the item in the lower half had a reset BMS but that's all that I saw.