Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Strange noise surprise shortly after delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
LR RWD picked up Saturday afternoon. By the time I arrived at home - 45 minutes from pickup location - this odd noise persisted no matter what I/we did. Tesla tech support had me completely shutdown and restart the car (takes about 5 minutes) all the while the sound persisted, as in before-during-after. Brought it into the local Tesla service shop; they kept it overnight and "removed an air bubble from coolant system" today. Picked it up and drove home, 20 minutes in the noise starts again.

starts around 5s, pardon the seat noise.

Anyone have any ideas? I'm going to bring it back to the service center, I guess, but if they can't fix it this time I will sadly have to return it. The beauty is otherwise damn near flawless inside and out.

Yep, nothing I do seems to change it. and it is very inconsistent. However, I think it may have something to do with being driven. Once it starts (at least 15 min before it starts from being cold) it seems to continue until it cools again. Otherwise, it doesn't matter if audio system is on or off, car parked or not. Even if I leave the windows open, walk away with my keys and come back without, the noise persists. Tesla service kept the car for about 24 hours and didn't apparently identify it properly either.

Picked up mine on Wednesday and have the same issue. It seems to come from the round speaker. I covered the round speaker and it def made the noise a lot softer. I think that’s a speaker anyways lol.

Attachments

• 975D8F7C-E215-4AB4-A179-DA65ABAB0329.jpeg
    975D8F7C-E215-4AB4-A179-DA65ABAB0329.jpeg
    178.7 KB · Views: 56