Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Service meh...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My M3's GPS location on the navigation is intermittently offset, which is especially bad when getting directions... it'll give a bunch of nonsense turns to get back on the main road (even though I'm already on the main road).

Additionally, several times the heat has made very loud long sound that resembles a brass instrument (trumpet /saxophone / tuba).

I'm getting close to 50k miles, so decides to make an appointment to have these taken care of.

The service center added like 4 other items to the "repair" list (o rings for trunk, update firmware for windows, check tires, etc).

Just what I was afraid of - they "can't reproduce the HVAC sound" so they didn't fix it. Understandable. But they said they "were able to duplicate the GPS issue, replaced the GPS antenna, tested and confirmed problem solve".

Unfortunately, it's not any different. The GPS issue *might* even be slightly worse.

1.5 hours to drive to the service center, 3 hours of waiting to find out they want to keep the car overnight, 1.5 hours to drive home, and 3 hours round-trip to pick up my car after nothing was fixed.

9 hours wasted and 2 problems that I'm stuck with, yay!

The HVAC issue I might be able to resolve with some lube and persistence, but this GPS issue was introduced by a software update (the one that enabled the cabin camera).

I'm starting to think the basic limited warranty is entirely useless. I've been to the service center several times now (alignment / tire noise 2 times) and they mostly just play defense.

Too much driving for no results. 😕

• Informative
Reactions: italian bread
Just wanted to add - worse than the wasted time is that the car now smells like a urinal cake. Some disinfectant they wiped the interior down with I assume... but I wish they didn't.

I *just* cleaned the car inside and out the day before my appointment. A day and a half of driving with the windows down and the smell is still very strong. I'll wash down the interior again and cross my fingers.