Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Stream iHeart Radio?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Been poking around on the web and here.... Has anyone been able to stream from iHeart's website or have a similar workaround? I like an AM radio station and the new Teslas do not have AM. I do not want to stream from my phone.
If you install the Amazon Alexa app on your phone you can use the Alexa skill for iHeart Radio and listen to iHeart Radio programming in the Tesla. Set the audio source to be your phone's Bluetooth. For true hands free voice enabled operation of the Alexa app while driving add the Alexa Auto device, $20 when on sale at Amazon. Then you can use voice commands, for example "Alexa, Play KSFO on iHeart Radio", without having to first handle, unlock the phone or tap the talk button.

I listen to AM talk radio, exclusively - rarely music. Is there any way to stream iHeart from my phone using my Tesla's LTE for data, and not my phone's? Seems like a perfect solution if that's possible. People talk about using their phone as a hotspot, but I guess I want to use Tesla's LTE as a hotspot.

I listen to AM talk radio, exclusively - rarely music. Is there any way to stream iHeart from my phone using my Tesla's LTE for data, and not my phone's? Seems like a perfect solution if that's possible. People talk about using their phone as a hotspot, but I guess I want to use Tesla's LTE as a hotspot.
Why not use TuneIn Radio? Tesla supports streaming for TuneIn Radio.

Here in LA my wife listens to AM KFI. She uses tunein and it works fine.

It has worked for a while now. You just go to normal iTunes app and save the iHeart as a favorite and then it shows up on Tesla.
I set up a free TuneIn account on my phone and favorited a few podcasts and radio stationa (some iheart, some not). Everything shows up when logged in on my laptop. Everything but the iheart stations shows up in the Tesla when logged in. Bummer.

Free. I setup my iHeart favorites on their website. Not sure if that makes a difference.
Weird. I don't recall if I favorited them on the website or phone app. I deleted the 2 iheart stations and readded one of them (all on the website) and checked my phone (updated) and the car (no change, iheart station not there).

Would you mind trying this one and see if it works for you? WBZ 1030 AM - "WBZ NewsRadio 1030" (Boston news station).

What iheart stations work for you? I'll try one of those. Thanks.

Weird. I don't recall if I favorited them on the website or phone app. I deleted the 2 iheart stations and readded one of them (all on the website) and checked my phone (updated) and the car (no change, iheart station not there).

Would you mind trying this one and see if it works for you? WBZ 1030 AM - "WBZ NewsRadio 1030" (Boston news station).

What iheart stations work for you? I'll try one of those. Thanks.
Yes - it worked for me.