Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Stuck Fingernail in Door Handle

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My wife was a bit late (after presentation) opening passenger door from outside and opened at same time handle was retracting. Luckily it only got her fingernail and not her finger. Is there any safety measure oil place to prevent an injury from this ?

My wife was a bit late (after presentation) opening passenger door from outside and opened at same time handle was retracting. Luckily it only got her fingernail and not her finger. Is there any safety measure oil place to prevent an injury from this ?

Yeah, that’s a different issue. That’s happened to my wife. The handle retracted with her hand inserted. It injured her fingers. That had nothing to do with the opening that allowed the fingernail to become snagged.

There is a maximum force the handle can exert as it is spring loaded. For example, it can be fairly easily pried out in the case it doesn’t present properly.