Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Stuck with 2021.24.28

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2018 model S. I would like to try the FSD Beta, but have been told I need 2021.36. When I check my car’s update status the app reports that I am up to date with 2021.24.28. I paid for FSD when I bought the car. I have been upgrade to the newest FSD computer (not impressed), but can’t seem to get the latest SW.

What is up with that? Why can’t I get the update?

This is really frustrating

I paid for full self driving from the beginning. It is Tesla’s responsibility to make sure I have the hardware necessary. Otherwise, I paid for something unobtainable. That is fraud.
When I did my test drive I was told that I would receive ANY hardware and SW upgraded needed for FSD implementation.

I hear you loudly. You were asking why you are stuck so I answered the missing factor. Notice that I did not justify Tesla's behavior.

Again, I am with you. A promise is a promise. You should not pay a single cent more because you already paid for the promise of FSD already.

But how are you going to make Tesla fulfill its promise?

I agree with all that has been posted. 2017 S with MCU1, 2021.24.28 and 'FSD', but we know the version we have will never function as intended because Tesla now puts all effort into the new beta program. I feel your frustration.

I hear you loudly. You were asking why you are stuck so I answered the missing factor. Notice that I did not justify Tesla's behavior.

Again, I am with you. A promise is a promise. You should not pay a single cent more because you already paid for the promise of FSD already.

But how are you going to make Tesla fulfill its promise?
Thanks, I appreciate your post. Did not mean to project any negativity your way. I did check and I have the MCU1.

I used to be a Tesla fanboy, but their POOR customer service/support and now this.

Still an EV fan. With all the new EVs coming out, I don’t think I’ll be buying another Tesla.