Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

stupid question but do all tesla model x have ludicrous mode

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is inaccurate.

There have only been a few cases of new owners indicating that Tesla removed software and made them repurchase it. For instance, when I purchased my MX, the previous owner didn't have AP, or Ludicrous mode activated. When they traded it in, Tesla actually activated both features before it was listed online (only know this because I know the SC Manager where I picked mine up from).

More than " a few", with all due respect.

I just realized that you might be asking because you want to buy a used Tesla X.

If you buy from Tesla, they turn all options off, and they need to be repurchased even if originally were part of first owner's purchase. That means if the vehicle was purchased with FSD and Ludicrous, Tesla will turn that software and make the new owner repurchase it. :/

If you buy from a private person, all options remain as originally purchased and you need only transfer ownership information to yourself.

I think what Tesla is doing is double dipping and should be considered unethical and perhaps not entirely legal. IMHO, and I'm not a lawyer.

P.S. - I found my original bill of sale and "window sticker", and it is kinda fun to see all options were purchased. If I upgrade and/or sell the vehicle back to Tesla, I will post my VIN and a copy of what was purchased. In that way Tesla will have a harder time making the new owner re-purchase what is essentially a previously purchased software upgrade.
is it a software thing or hardware

I just noticed that on my Tesla App the P100D is underlined.

I guess you can just look at the app and tell if someones vehicle has Ludicrous mode.

I never noticed the underline on the car or on the App... LOL
Good for you. Now find a lonely road where there is no risk of kids, traffic, etc. Try Launch Mode. You might get dizzy; be sure to hang onto the wheel, so be ready for it. And check for cops before doing it.