Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Successful Full Refund (Buy-Back / Vehicle Return) After Three Months & 636 Miles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
arbitration is a waste of time. They will find in Tesla's favor regardless... they ignored issues that were obvious violations per my states lemon laws. Lawyer is an option but usually very slow. Took almost 4 months for me to get done with my 3!
I just posted my experience in a separate thread. starting the ordeal of working with SC mgr and also through NCDS arbitration. your reply makes me worry.

I'll add my story here as well. State: PA

Bought a P3D in August '18. Had repeated issues with the safety restraint system (4+ visits) amongst other things (6 other visits). I finally asked for a buy back in July 19' (23k miles, first restraint issue at 11k) took two weeks to process. They offered full purchase price + tax (No FUSC rebate deduction, No Tax credit deduction, No mileage offset). I turned the car in on August 1 and got the check 8 days later.

Currently have another P3D ordered waiting on a VIN.

As a side note If they didn't give me a reasonable offer I was going to file an arbitration claim and had a solid case because in PA it fulfilled all of the lemon law qualifications.
I am going through the exact same issue with my model 3. Safety restraint fault, repaired 4 times, now back in SC for 5th time. started the Tesla buyback request, also initiated NCDS system per the warranty agreement. Mine had 5000 miles when issue first appeared. Hoping I go through the same issue smoothly like yours.

I have done two of these in my life. First one I wasn't prepared for and I had more of less let the emotions get into me. The second one I just stuck to the fact and didn't argue anything that didn't matter. I simply stuck to my gun and ignore all the other questions and such. I am 50/50 in arbitration