Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Suggested" Navigation Destination

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Medved_77

TM3 SR+ | MSM+Black | No FSD
Jan 20, 2020
Scotland
For the last 7-8 months, I've been meeting up with some friends in a nearby city for dinner. We've done this about 5 times. Different days of the week, different restaurants and at different times. I'm in this city for different purposes for work and with family on different times/days of the week.

On 4 of these occasions I've dropped a friend home, before returning to my town. Had dinner yesterday, got in the car on the way home with friend, clicked into the navigation search field and there was a singular suggested destination which was their house.

Thought that was quite clever/spooky. I have my calendar synced to the car but there was no event for dropping a friend home. The randomness of the occasion in a place I visit frequently makes me uncertain why it would suggest I head to my friends house.

Had a look at the manual, which only really talks about 'Automatic Navigation' being able to predict a destination, and that seems to suggest that it's predictive based on the calendar event?

1681915410029.png

There's also this article which talks about suggested destinations being released in 2022.28.2:

Whilst I knew suggested destinations were available, I'm just a bit surprised at the prediction. Given the car shouldn't know the purpose of my visit, who I was visiting and where my next stop would be. I wouldn't be so curious if it had listed 3-4 suggestions, but there was only one, and it was correct.