Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Suggestion: Deactivate easy entry when the car detects a rear passenger

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey..simple suggestion for the Tesla software engineers.

Can we have a setting that detects when a rear passenger is in the car and therefore deactivates the “Easy Entry” setting.

Normally I am a solo driver with no occupants, but every weekend when I’m with my kids, their legs get smooshed because of Easy Entry when I put the car into Park. The car knows that someone is in the back because the seatbelt monitor goes off.

Hoping this gets forwarded to the Tesla engineers.

That is the main reason I only have easy entry move the steering wheel up and away. I don't need the seat backing up in case someone is behind me.

I am not sure a Tesla unaffiliated forum is the best place to post suggestions you want to get to Tesla. At a minimum, the Tesla official forum would be a better place to request suggestions and I have seen some sites dedicated to suggestions (where people can vote on the suggestions) but not sure how much Tesla checks either of those. What seems to be the most effective is tweeting Elon directly and on occasion he replies.