Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Suggestion on what to do if vehicle not driven for extended time

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, leave it plugged in. I suggest you set a charge limit around 50 or 60% (unless you will need more charge right when you get back). In addition, I recommend using scheduled charging, probably in the middle of the night. This will cause it to charge only once per day which may save a tiny bit of wear and tear.

Here is a brief article:

• Informative
Reactions: jdr93
Upvote 0
Clean out any food, food wrappers, candy wrappers etc. Then vacuum any crumbs. Rodents (mice) can enter through even the smallest openings and have been known to build nests inside the Tesla vehicle's glove box, HVAC filter compartment. Don't store food (pet food) inside the garage. Rodents gnawing on wire harnesses, coolant lines cause thousand of $ in damage, not just to Tesla vehicles.

Upvote 0
For Lithium Ion, apparently 63% is a good resting SoC. If you think you will make a long drive right on getting home, set a reminder in your calendar to bump the max charge the night before you get home.

If outdoors, possibly put a cover on it or a sun-shade in the windsheilds.

Upvote 0
Clean out any food, food wrappers, candy wrappers etc. Then vacuum any crumbs. Rodents (mice) can enter through even the smallest openings and have been known to build nests inside the Tesla vehicle's glove box, HVAC filter compartment. Don't store food (pet food) inside the garage. Rodents gnawing on wire harnesses, coolant lines cause thousand of $ in damage, not just to Tesla vehicles.
How ironic you should mention rodents! We actually had a rodent chew thru the coolant line this summer resulting in a major shutdown once all the coolant leaked out. Very scary when I tried to drive away after a shopping trip to the mall and every hazand warning started flashing on the screen. Now I’m worried it’ll happen again.

Upvote 0