Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How come nobody in these pictures seems to have a clue about how to properly adjust their mirrors?

The photos do appear to be taken closer to the window so the position might be right.

I'm still on the fence, just not a fan of the blue. While $400+ for autodimming might be expensive for mirrors, it would literally be something I look at multiple times as I drive nearly every day and with the added safety I could justify the price from a cost-per-use perspective - though there's no promise this will ever exist.

Reactions: beachmiles
Sorry, the short answer is no because of the cost of producing this feature that will increase the sale price.

The purpose of auto dimming is reducing glare that can also be effectively achieved by our blue hue. Traditionally, luxury European cars come with blue tint side mirrors (e.g. BMW). We think having this blue hue is a great alternative, not only functional but also aesthetic. One negative aspect of auto dimming is that the side mirrors become too dark in some scenarios, which doesn't happen on our mirrors.

Looks like the same thing at a fraction of the price?

Wing Mirror Glass For TESLA S 2012-18 CONVEX Heated Right BLUE #TS001 | eBay

Thanks for bringing it up. The short answer is the quality isn't the same.

Sure, they have a lot of reviews but if you take a closer look, they are questionable. For example, "Perfect communication, easy to deal with, A1++++++++" Is it really a real buyer review? and here are 1-start reviews "Wrong mirror not suitable to my car", "Terrible seller..... avoid at all costs", "China made and glass is too big for the mirror i will never no more buy from", etc.

Those mirrors are cheaper for good reasons. They do not use premium glasses/processes such that the blue tint will fade, the objects look off/distorted, the fitment is off, etc. Think about it, one OEM mirror costs over $100. Theirs is only $18.71.

Our Mirrors are quality OEM replacement, made by using our proprietary SOGEL and processes. If you read our reviews (Happy Customers), our customers can attest to that.

"Excellent quality and service."- Kam
IMG_7379.jpg

I tried to do some research on Suma, as i've never heard of them before. There are some easy to find threads in the civic forums about their products. It seems suma is relatively new but I was able to find some evidence of actual happy customers. There should be subaru wrx owners that use suma mirrors but i could not find any forum threads about their experience.

I would appreciate a) seeing a prototype image of what the model 3 mirrors will look like and b) some insight regarding how the install process will go. I haven't come across any videos showing how to pop off the mirror only.

I tried to do some research on Suma, as i've never heard of them before. There are some easy to find threads in the civic forums about their products. It seems suma is relatively new but I was able to find some evidence of actual happy customers. There should be subaru wrx owners that use suma mirrors but i could not find any forum threads about their experience.

I would appreciate a) seeing a prototype image of what the model 3 mirrors will look like and b) some insight regarding how the install process will go. I haven't come across any videos showing how to pop off the mirror only.
Here is a quick review on Model S mirrors. This will give you an idea how mirrors on Model 3 will look like in terms of fitment and look. A full review will be available in a couple of days, including installation.

Last edited:
Installed these today on the familys ICE car. Fit and finish as well as the delicate and subtle blue tint are great! Far less pronounced than in photos.

Installation was a breeze with a set of plastic trim removal tools and some masking tape handy.

Looking forward to receiving the Model 3 equivalents. And the removal install how-to specific to this make/model.

Here is a quick review on Model S mirrors. This will give you an idea how mirrors on Model 3 will look like in terms of fitment and look. A full review will be available in a couple of days, including installation.

The referenced video is shot in portrait mode with cheesy commentary. Lookin' so good...does this actually sell stuff? :cool:

• Disagree
Reactions: jfinephilly
The referenced video is shot in portrait mode with cheesy commentary. Lookin' so good...does this actually sell stuff? :cool:

This was an IG story from one of the users, not ours. Just wanted to share with the folks here from a reviewer's perspective, very honesty and transparent that we thought people would appreciate. He is a YouTuber with over 27k followers who is going to provide a full review later. This was just a sneak peak. @FlatSix911, aren't you convinced yet? :)

This was an IG story from one of the users, not ours. Just wanted to share with the folks here from a reviewer's perspective, very honesty and transparent that we thought people would appreciate. He is a YouTuber with over 27k followers who is going to provide a full review later. This was just a sneak peak. @FlatSix911, aren't you convinced yet? :)

I would be more receptive if you guys used professional promotions... did not realize this was just some guy on YouTube :cool:

Reactions: SumaPerformance
I’ve been trying to order tonight but I get a error,

“Checkout is currently unavailable due to technical problems. Please try again in a few minutes.”
Hi, I just checked at my end and it was ok. Were you trying to pre order Model 3? You might want to check your browser. If it still doesn't work, PM me and I'll further look into it, thanks for letting me know!

Hi, I just checked at my end and it was ok. Were you trying to pre order Model 3? You might want to check your browser. If it still doesn't work, PM me and I'll further look into it, thanks for letting me know!
Thanks. I got it ordered.

My problem was on page,

Model 3

There is a box to “Add to cart” and a box to “Buy with PayPal”. I kept tapping, “ Buy with PayPal” thinking that would both add to cart and take me to PayPal payment.

I had to first “Add to Cart” then go to the payment page.