Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Suma Performance convex mirrors for Refreshed X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I emailed @SumaPerformance about convex mirrors for the Refreshed Model X, and they said if we have enough people they'll do a preorder and make them. I read that the old mirrors do not fit the new X, but can someone confirm that is the case?

If so, I would love to put these on my wife's X, cause I can drive so much more comfortably with them on (I have them on my 3 already).

Since the market for legacy X mirrors is as big as it ever will be, they will need the refresh mirrors for any new MX sales and might as well start making and selling them now!
I hadn’t seen these before, do they cut glare as described?
The blue tinted ones cut on glare.

I use the untinted ones, cause my windows are already tinted.

Really hate the tiny view from the stock mirrors. I don't get how these are deemed street safe by the NHTSA. Europe is streets ahead in driver and pedestrian motor safety.

Reactions: preilly44
Just to follow up on this, I pulled my Suma mirrors off my 2017 Model X, and it fits on my new 2023 Model X just fine. Looking at the 2017 and 2023 OEM mirrors side by side, there's definitely some minor changes, but the size is exactly the same. The 2023 OEM mirrors are definitely a bit harder to remove though.

Reactions: drpheta
Just to follow up on this, I pulled my Suma mirrors off my 2017 Model X, and it fits on my new 2023 Model X just fine. Looking at the 2017 and 2023 OEM mirrors side by side, there's definitely some minor changes, but the size is exactly the same. The 2023 OEM mirrors are definitely a bit harder to remove though.
They connect, can adjust, and defrost no problem?

Would you mind taking a photo of the stock 2023 vs the Suma mirrors side by side?

They connect, can adjust, and defrost no problem?

Would you mind taking a photo of the stock 2023 vs the Suma mirrors side by side?
No problem connecting. I'd say it adjusts a little bit less at the extremes than stock mirrors, but it was the same on my 2017. As for defrosting, I'm in San Diego. I honestly don't remember ever defrosting in my life, so would have no way of testing.

For the photo, what are you looking for? From the front, the size/shape is the same, just larger field of view. This video is pretty representative.

From the back, you'll notice Suma has two less leads, because it lacks the dimmer function. I assume that is also the reason why it is thinner and lighter.

I'm really happy with them. The stock mirrors just have too small of a field of view. I don't understand why manufacturers don't just have this standard.

One last thing. To remove your mirrors, it's easiest to tilt it all the way down, and then stick your fingers behind the mirror and pull it off. Pull from the top, just inside of the midpoint. Don't pull from the left or right sides, or you might end up cracking it.

I meant side by side to see any difference in the shape of the mirrors' outlines. I have them on my M3P and want to get them for my wife's Palladium.

Sounds like the shape is minimally different since it can't adjust to the extremes. Shouldn't matter with the better fov.

Just installed mine that I bought from Hansshow for my 23MX. I was not careful (very unusual of me) and tried to pull the mirror off from the outside and cracked it; very mad at myself. With the other mirror, I pulled from the inside edge and it was fine. As HappyHappy mentioned, pulling from the top probably would've work for me too.

Even at max adjustment, you can see a lot of the car on the left side mirror, so it takes a little getting used to. Overall, I'm extremely happy with these convex mirrors and feel more confident when changing lanes. I miss my blind spot monitor I had on my old Audi Q7.

Just installed the SmarTesla mirrors on my wife's X and they fit perfectly fine. For $55 I'm extremely pleased with these.

• Helpful
Reactions: NJturtlePower