Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Summer tires in the middle on winter?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone know if it's possible to display the kw output of each of the three motors? I've seen screenshots of this but don't remember if it's dragstrip mode or track mode and if it's only pre refresh. One other way to confirm the pulling issue if it returns is to see if the left motor is putting down more power than the right.
I think the only way is to log canbus data.

Whoops. Wrong thread. But anyways, would SMT do it?
I don't think the iOS or Android version support actual data logging currently. And I'm not sure if the android non-beta is updated enough to pull the plaid motor data. Teslax can do it. That's how I pulled this data, though the data rates haven't been great with the interfaces I've tried. That power dip you see in the right rear should have been reflected in all 3 motors, but the data rate was too slow to catch it on the other two.

1709359245214.png

Theoretically just capturing raw data and then parsing it with a dbc would also work - and might work better in terms of datarates. I do have a bunch of CAN devices that I've been meaning to try.

Well I was stupid but not for the reason you think. I stupidly thought they would deliver the car to my house like they did multiple times before and I could switch to winter wheels in the comfort of my garage or drive slowly a mile down the road to the tire shop. It wasn’t until the order was made and I talked to the rep about setting up home delivery that I learned they didn’t do that anymore and I would instead have to pick it up hours away. Would’ve been nice to see some kind of notice on the order page that home delivery was no longer available. Thanks Tesla.
If you were going to drive a mile from your house to a tire shop to swap the tires, couldn’t you do the same when picking up? Just find a tire shop not far from Tesla and install winter rated tires there

What would be used about it? Are you telling me they can’t have a mechanism in place to put winter wheels which they sell in their store at the factory instead of the summers? They already have the option to put on 19” or 21” wheels. They can’t have an option for winter wheels too? Seems kind of sad for such a large company.
Did you get your car?

You should be able to order the winter rim set before your car arrives. And have them swapped out day of delivery.

Reactions: luginewo