Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Summer tires

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just received an email that all Model X will be setup with summer tires based on Tesla's testing. I called and they offered to swap them out, but I'd like some feedback from those with summer tires.

Unfortunately, I live in New England where the winters typically are quite bad (unlike this year). Although the summer tires would be great, I'd have to shell out another 4500 or so for the winter tires. I'm also worried that swapping tires will alter my production date.

Appreciate any thoughts on the summer vs winter tires etc. Reaching out to my DS as well.

- Robert

Just got off the line with my DS. I'm swapping out for all season tires. To get 20" winter tires later would cost $5500. Given that the car will already seem highly performant, it makes more sense to me to just use the all season. I'm supposedly to go into production in < 2 weeks so I went ahead and made the call today to swap.

He told me that all P models will come with the performance tires. This will not impact my production/delivery schedule being a minor change.

I just switched to the Continental all-season "ContiSilent" tires because of the excessive road noise with the Michelin summer tires. The Conti's are significantly quieter. I'll put the Michelin's back on toward the end of the lease (assuming the Conti's last that long).