Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Summon and HomeLink

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got 17.17.4 on my EAP S90D yesterday, and tried summon from my garage this morning.
WOW! Summon is starting to show its awesomeness!! Why do I say that: two weeks ago on previous firmware (17.11.3) I tried to summon from my tight garage. She did open the door (homelink) and started to back out, but stopped halfway inside the garage. I pressed reverse again to continue but she started to turn off the concrete and into the garden. Opps..... FAIL!

Today with 17.17.4 I tried again. Wow, what an improvement! Homelink opened garage door, then she back out all the way onto my driveway (30' or so), steering carefully to stay in a straight line, and closed the garage door when safely outside.

PASS! Summon is starting to grow up into a usable feature!

• Informative
Reactions: Tam and croman
When I "Summon" the car to back out of the garage, it first opens the garage door, then backs out the car, then closes the garage door. I would like to eliminate the closing, leaving the garage door open. Is this possible?

I believe it is possible since the message in my car sometimes says Homelink skipped after it has backed itself out of the garage.

Does this have something to do with manually pressing the garage door button or the Homelink button in the mobile app? Not sure. But there appears to be some trick to make it bypass closing the door every time. Maybe it's an Easter egg?:p

The ability to connect to my car using summon from my phone app seems to have gotten worse with the new 17.17.4 update. I could not connect this morning after multiple attempts so I had to use my key fob.

Summon was working somewhat flawlessly for me prior to this most recent software update. I do not believe the ability to connect to my car via the mobile app was ever an issue. It is now.

These postings are a bit old. Let me add that I have a 3 year old Model S and a two day old Model 3. I moved the S to the "other" side of the garage and put the 3 in there to make things easier for my wife. I changed Home link and all is well with both cars EXCEPT that when I try summon now, the S still opens the door to its original parking place, where the 3 now lives. I cannot seem to find a way to assign summon to one of the names on the homelink app. Can anyone help??
Thanks in advance,
Grant