Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Summon failure

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thought it could be useful to post an experience here. I'm a rare user of summon; tried it for the first time in a while, and found that it wouldn't work - the app informed me that there was an error reading camera data and that it was disconnecting from the car. This happened repeatedly.

I brought it in to the SC and they found that a plug to the rear camera was barely connected. They seated it, and it tested fine.

As an aside - the rear camera never failed to work on the MCU screen during this time.

Cheers.

• Informative
Reactions: Puddles
Anyone else having "Error reading camera data"?

For me, Smart Summon has not worked for for a long time. Today noticed that the button says this error.

Normal forward / backwards summon work most of the time.

Potentially related, Dashcam recordings for left repeater are empty and other cameras are often corrupted (due to MCU1 not being compatible with FSD). Service center started diagnosing Dashcam in August. They gave up without a solution in December and promised a refund for FSD instead. Unfortunately they have failed to follow through with the promised refund, do not answer any communications, and have left legal action as the only option for me. Legal route is very slow and thus my car is now in limbo.

Ideas on how to debug/resolve this myself?