Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Summon not present? UK Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think you mean "there is now a later video" it did not exist when I posted. My wife is the only one allowed to expect me to be psychic.

I still would not call it a massive triumph even without the fact that it won't work if there is a pedestrian within 50 feet which makes it essentially useless in most major cities even if it technically worked perfectly.
I am also not convinced parking against a hedge rather than just a curb did not affect the results. much easier to see a hedge than a curb but this is not the most common scenario in reality
Sorry did not see yours was an old post ... certainly its got better but agree far from perfect .

The only advantage is that with OTT we can hope improvements will be forthcoming. I bought into EAP for my order picking up in a couple of weeks with the knowledge its not perfect but a path is there for it to get better via OTT. I work in the software industry and love the agile processes at Tesla.

• Funny
Reactions: MrBadger
The only advantage is that with OTT we can hope improvements will be forthcoming. I bought into EAP for my order picking up in a couple of weeks with the knowledge its not perfect but a path is there for it to get better via OTT. I work in the software industry and love the agile processes at Tesla.

Oh *sugar*. Your serious aren’t you.

Let’s put it this way, Tesla have the loosest definition of done that I have ever encountered. Quite possibly they don’t even have one other than ‘that I’ll probably do for Elon to get enough mugs to lap it up’.

Trying to understand how everything is working without USS. Going to cancel my Model S order due to changing economic climate and thinking of picking up a Model Y for now.

Yes there's no summon without sensors.

For a short period of time during this transition, Tesla Vision vehicles that are not equipped with USS will be delivered with some features temporarily limited or inactive, including:
  • Park Assist: alerts you of surrounding objects when the vehicle is traveling <5 mph.
  • Autopark: automatically maneuvers into parallel or perpendicular parking spaces.
  • Summon: manually moves your vehicle forward or in reverse via the Tesla app.
  • Smart Summon: navigates your vehicle to your location or location of your choice via the Tesla app.