Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Summon Q

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Haven't used this feature before since I have a HW2 car.
1. I can't get Summon to work with the Key Fob. I'm holding the button on the center of the Fob and the flashers don't flash to active Summon. What am I doing wrong?
2. Summon works fine using the App
3. I have a somewhat sloped driveway, as my MS backs out and gets on the slope it stops and won't go back far enough to clear the garage, is this because of the slope?
4. If I back the car all the way out and try and use Summon to pull it into the garage it will not work on the slope, again I assume this is because of the slope of my driveway.
5. Will the car hit the wall in front of it if I don't stop it or will it detect the wall and even if I want it to go forward will it stop before it hits the wall?

Thanks

1. I can't get Summon to work with the Key Fob. I'm holding the button on the center of the Fob and the flashers don't flash to active Summon. What am I doing wrong?
3. I have a somewhat sloped driveway, as my MS backs out and gets on the slope it stops and won't go back far enough to clear the garage, is this because of the slope?
4. If I back the car all the way out and try and use Summon to pull it into the garage it will not work on the slope, again I assume this is because of the slope of my driveway.
5. Will the car hit the wall in front of it if I don't stop it or will it detect the wall and even if I want it to go forward will it stop before it hits the wall?

Thanks

1. Disable the option to keep key pressed, with this option on only the app will work.
5. Yes it will stop based on your custom distance settings.

Reactions: wesley888

Thanks

3 - yes
4 - yes
5 - I wouldn't listen to anyone who answers here until you can be sure they have HW2. Just because it reacted one way with HW1, does not carry over to HW2 necessarily. Not worth risking your car. I'd set the distance to max and try it, finger on the button ready to stop it. Once you are comfortable that it stops, slowly shorten the distance setting and test again.

Like other have said, it will stop at your predetermined distance away from the wall. It works too well. My garage only has 4" clearance in the front to avoid my garage door hitting my rear bumper, but the lowest setting is 8". I need that extra 4" and it won't budge.

And you can look at my signature. I have HW2. :)