Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Summon

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello. I have a 2021 Model 3, al the latest updates. Now with the 30 day FSD trial. I thought the Summon feature would be interesting to try out, but nothing happens if I click that feature on the phone app. Does Summon not work on the FSD trial version? Or is there a way to enable it?

Hello. I have a 2021 Model 3, al the latest updates. Now with the 30 day FSD trial. I thought the Summon feature would be interesting to try out, but nothing happens if I click that feature on the phone app. Does Summon not work on the FSD trial version? Or is there a way to enable it?
LOL! It doesn't work in ANY version.

It used to, but I haven't been able to get it to actually work in years. It always looks like it's going to start, but then just says Summon Not Available or something else like that. Don't worry about it. It's a garbage feature. Even when it worked it was more of a novelty than an actual useful feature. Nothing worse than having it back out of a spot and start to come to you and then all of a sudden, while blocking cars, decide it can't go any further.

I did recently use it to back out of a spot (just the plain old vanilla straight back up summon) so I could avoid stepping in a muddy spot, but many times it even refuses to do that.