TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Summoning the X

Discussion in 'Model X' started by vangogh, Jan 23, 2016.

1. vangogh

vangogh Member

2. Roamer

Roamer Member

#2 Roamer, Jan 23, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2016
    Soon is here. Thanks for posting

What iPhone app were you using ?

3. jsollender

jsollender Member

yes, great. And soon auto-summon or auto-go park might include perpendicular turns into the garage. @vangogh any chance you could video (from outside, while someone sits in driver seat) an auto-park perpendicular into a single spot garage? Just want to know if it will work for a single spot in my garage vs the double spot occupied by my wife's GX460. If able, thanks. Jon

4. vangogh

vangogh Member

#4 vangogh, Jan 23, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2016
    I believe the summon feature only works going in relatively straight line parking situations....but there is definitely auto steering going on to move the car from obstacles....Before I try some more of the complicated moves, I want to read up on the instructions if/when they become available...

5. jsollender

jsollender Member

6. vangogh

vangogh Member

Its the 2.7.1 version of the Tesla App....

7. RossRAllen

RossRAllen Member

Hi, vangogh - Thanks for the video. Have you tried it with autopen the garage door? It seems like you have the same vertical clearance in your garage as I do, so I've limited the rear hatch opening and haven't attempted the FWD open yet.

I picked up SigX 508 at the factory Thursday. Loving it. My emergency braking and stability control and brake systems were all flashing cautions this morning when I tried to drive for the first time with 7.1. Tesla Service recommended a full shut-off and restart. That fixed it.

8. vangogh

vangogh Member

I have not tried the auto open garage door yet linked to the summons feature...There does not seem to be any documentation on how it works, and I don't want to be a guinnea pig. I would like to know if it begins opening the door, waits for a specified amount of time and then backs out or something else....I will wait until I see some documentation of how it works before I use it...But I'd really like to use the feature, It will be nice having the car waiting for me in the driveway after being parked in the garage when I want to leave...

9. RossRAllen

RossRAllen Member

I believe I read in the Summons feature that Tesla recommends a level driveway? I heard your parking engage on your video. Just a thought to prevent any issues.

I can't get my gate to open with Homelink, so I won't try Summons until I get that fixed. Also, the X really fills up my garage, and I go in red slow looking at the proximity sensors.

Glad you are enjoying your car.

10. vangogh

vangogh Member

My car just barely fits in the garage...perhaps 18" clearance on each side, front and back when parked...but the summons feature works great....