TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here:

Sun Visor broke - lost TPS & FM

Discussion in 'Model X: Interior & Exterior' started by VBXATL, Aug 19, 2016.

VBXATL Member

Jan 27, 2016
    Atlanta, GA
    I went to swing out the sun visor yesterday during my drive home (like I've done a dozen times before) when I heard a pop. The visor assembly had sheared off. At first I thought it just popped out but after fishing in there a bit, the mounting stud looks like it completely sheared.

Also, apparently, the antenna for the TPS and the FM / XM radio system are in the sun visor. The wires attached to the visor aren't connected very well because when the visor came off, the wire pulled away enough that I lost both FM/XM radio and the TPS.

I went to the SC and they are ordering a new visor. They have that and a few trim pieces to install so hopefully, they'll come in next week.

Here's some pics.

Attached Files:

• Informative x 2
  2. daroon

daroon Member

Mar 8, 2016
    It wasn't until I saw you had a flat tire did I realize what TPS meant.

I've always been concerned about those sun visors. They don't move fluidly, and I always feel that I'm putting strange pressure on them when I'm swinging them. Like an old man's shoulder that doesn't swing quite like it used to.

Good luck.