Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Alexandria, LA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Pictures were taken earlier today. Looks like they're done, but maybe they're waiting on the hotel to be finished before they go live or have some minor things to finish?

IMG_20160524_161224.jpg

IMG_20160524_161213.jpg

• Helpful
Reactions: sublimaze1
Did you see a transformer? It's a large green box which is usually placed near the enclosure with supercharger cabinets and distribution centers. There is often a delay while a site waits for the installation of the transformer.
I did not notice a transformer, but to be honest I didn't really look. That's probably the reason though.

I'm just guessing, but the location of the transformer may not be obvious. For example, it may be around the corner of the building. The other thing to look for is the meter. Also the fenced in equipment (primarily inverters and battery packs). And there can be other delays even after all those items are connected. If I am remembering a recent Lindale/Tyler, TX, comment correctly, someone at the business there said that each time the site had been activated it blew fuses. The cause of that has to be tracked down of course.

From our experience in Shreveport (and it is the same construction crew), one indicator of completion will be removable of the plastic covers from the individual superchargers. On the same day that happened the Tesla technician showed up in a Tesla and performed the final checking of the setup.

Stopped at the Alexandria supercharger yesterday afternoon on my way to a meeting in N. Louisiana, & found this city police cruiser parked in one spot, and a pickup truck (apparently owned by another cop) straddling two other spots. As the photo shows, plenty of other parking spaces just across the aisle. The parking lot is adjacent to a Holiday Inn that's being renovated; once the hotel opens, it wouldn't surprise me to find a lot of ICEing at this location. The hotel entrance is relatively close, and the convention center is just adjacent to the superchargers too.

Downtown New Orleans is exactly 200 miles away.

Attachments

• IMG_2534.JPG
    IMG_2534.JPG
    495 KB · Views: 514
I've suggested to Tesla reps that they use green paint, which is often seen for EV parking spaces, or even red with the Tesla logo. I think they know this location may be plagued by ICEing and they promise to be vigilant.

I also sent a friendly email to the Mayor, Chief of Police & Director of the local Convention & Visitors Bureau reminding them that while charging their cars, owners will visit local hotels, restaurants, shops & museums (yes, even in downtown Alexandria, LA).

Reactions: Xaff