Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Algonquin, IL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
M

MarcoRP

Another Meijer Supercharger is on its way!! 12 stalls are planned at the Algonquin location on Randall, in the north parking area near Panda Express.

Algonquin.jpg

Photos from July 1, 2022. I've been to a few dozen superchargers, but this one is different than any I've seen.

Questions:
1. Are the poles with a red base there to stop people from driving between the chargers?
2. I've never seen back-to-back chargers like this. Each one I've seen has been a straight row of e.g. 12 chargers, not a 2x6 setup. Also interesting is that it is almost a 2x6 setup, except because of the one towing spot, there is a single charger on the left off the photo.

IMG_6690.jpeg

Reactions: Runagun and mociaf9
Questions:
1. Are the poles with a red base there to stop people from driving between the chargers?
2. I've never seen back-to-back chargers like this. Each one I've seen has been a straight row of e.g. 12 chargers, not a 2x6 setup. Also interesting is that it is almost a 2x6 setup, except because of the one towing spot, there is a single charger on the left off the photo.

1. Kind of. They'll be there to hold the Tesla Parking Only signs, but also act as a visual signal not to back in too far.
2. They're not very common in the Midwest so far. The first time I saw this configuration is in California, but this is becoming a more popular set up in places like Target parking lots where there are two rows of parking spots that they can put the pedestals between. The St. Paul, MN and Bloomington, MN Targets have Superchargers set up like this.