Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Alpharetta, GA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMG_2193.jpg

Odd that site is not listed on Tesla's website as a destination charger yet there it is on Plugshare (Avalon 1: North Parking surface lot, 6 connectors, $1/hr). I need to take my MS to the service center in Alpharetta later this month; perhaps I will swing by Avalon for lunch.

Happened to be in the area getting my EV tag at the tax office so swung by to see what was going on. Nearly full parking lot of new cars looked like they are about to be real busy. The chargers were all full with new cars. Did stop to talk with anyone but will be calling in the next few days to setup an appointment to take care of a few things.

I've stopped by several times and there's never a space. Packed with what appear to be manufacturer cars drawing no power but using the spaces.

R you driving around to the back of the building? They also have quite a few of the HPWC L2 chargers on the left side of the building. If they are full park and go to the service desk and ask if they could move one of the cars charging. They have been very helpful every time that I have charged.
Roswel Urban Charger1.jpg

DD96E840-83AB-445B-BDA3-0ECBB0C1D4D3.jpeg
I went on a drive with my MS 100D to test 2018.26 3bbd9fd on the interstate and to checkout the new Roswell, Georgia Service Center Urban Charger and see if it was up and working.

YES! 72kW 239 mi/hr on the screen.

Teslafi info:
Start 43%
End 94%
Charge Time 50 Minutes
100% charge Efficiency

Max Voltage 405V
Average Voltage 397.116V

Max Amps 197.3A
Average Amps 137.69A

Miles added 65.88

The service center was very clean every where! Lots of M3s & MS in the parking lot.

UPDATE: Time Restrictions on these Urban Chargers. Service use only between 8:00am & 6:00pm!

pic taken September 8, 2018

• Informative
Reactions: ChrisC
So, these chargers are not available any more at all, even after hours?

I’ll be going down in a couple of weeks to visit a friend in this area for a few days - really would like to avoid Chattanooga if at all possible, and it would be possible if there were any kind of viable local charging options in Roswell/Woodstock/Alpharetta, without going WAY down into the city. From what I’m seeing though, it seems that’s not the case. Am I wrong/any suggestions? Thanks!

Someone should prowl around the Avalon complex looking for signs of impending construction, as I've heard that something is happening there soon. Look for road cones, survey flags, spray paint on asphalt, etc. This is definitely not the service center, or the showroom HPWCs, and in fact would be intended to relieve pressure on those.

Reactions: nogajim