Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Arvada, CO - W 56th Ave

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Permit issued 19 Feb 2024:

2024,0219_PermitIssued_Supercharger_OldeTownArvada.jpg

The City of Arvada's permit site doesn't seem to allow a direct URL to individual permits anymore, so I link to the Permit Search and you have to enter the permit #: EV24-00001 . There's no change shown as of this moment, but Sunday afternoon I was in the area and swung by to see if anything was happening. All the parking spots shown in the plans had orange cones
org.videolan.VLC.png
, so maybe they got a general contractor lined up and something more is about to happen.

Last edited:
The switchboard (?) is installed (note: that’s not a Supercharger cabinet). A lot of conduit is finished. Looks like they’re about ready to plop down those pre assembled Supercharger slabs, they’ll go on the gravel areas.

Interestingly they’ve installed conduit for all 12 Supercharger stalls and 4 L2 AC connectors. Nice! The plans showed the L2s and 4 SCs as “Expansion” but I guess that changed.

IMG_0596.jpeg
IMG_0598.jpeg
IMG_0599.jpeg
IMG_0600.jpeg
IMG_0601.jpeg
IMG_0602.jpeg
IMG_0603.jpeg
IMG_0606.jpeg
IMG_0605.jpeg

Great minds think alike! :cool: I just went by there yesterday right before sunset. Your photos are better than mine, but I will add a couple shots of the existing transformer (and telecom box), both of which look like they've suffered some years of abuse. The top was off the telecom box and I could see phone wires inside. Hopefully they're not even used anymore. That transformer looks too small for the Supercharger station, and the plans call for a new one on a concrete pad next to the "switchboard". That pad hasn't been poured yet.

Attachments

More progress: two pallets of four chargers each, with associated cabinets.
20240426_180658.jpg

There's a puzzling gap between them. I'm just guessing the light pole has something to do with it. Also looks like the wiring to the pedestals is missing, assuming the holes in the concrete pallets are there for that.
20240426_180754.jpg

Sadly, this suggests to me that the transformer is not yet installed. (There's another transformer nearby, but It powers the strip mall I expect.)
20240426_180641.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: Thinkje
1714185891632.png

There's a puzzling gap between them. I'm just guessing the light pole has something to do with it.

The site plans show an accessible stall in the middle, separate from the prebuilt Supercharger units. The gap is likely for the extra lateral spacing needed.

Strangely the plans show the second prefab unit as a three stall prebuilt unit with a standalone stall. Never seen that before. I couldn't quite tell in your pictures, are there 8 stalls installed right now (2x prefab slabs), with a gap in the middle?

Also looks like the wiring to the pedestals is missing, assuming the holes in the concrete pallets are there for that.

Correct, the dispensers are wired to their cabinet internally through the prefab slab (that's the whole point, they don't need to do that work on site). Each prefab slab has DC interconnects and a grid connection in. I don't recall exactly how it's all wired up, I think either through the end or behind the cabinet.

View attachment 1042206

The site plans show an accessible stall in the middle, separate from the prebuilt Supercharger units. The gap is likely for the extra lateral spacing needed.

Strangely the plans show the second prefab unit as a three stall prebuilt unit with a standalone stall. Never seen that before. I couldn't quite tell in your pictures, are there 8 stalls installed right now (2x prefab slabs), with a gap in the middle?
Yeah, the picture shows 3 stalls, the gap, then 4 more stalls. (Not 4 and 3 as shown in the plans.)

Reactions: gsmith123