Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Austin, TX - S Lamar Blvd

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been there twice, but never again. Not designed well, and difficult to get in and out. Plus crowded and split charging 👎

Honestly RR and this place couldn't come soon enough.
What ever happened to the notion that V3 Superchargers would not split the charge? This was widely touted by Tesla but so far every one I have used is split. In some cases where there are V2 and V3(Waco) I have been able to charge faster at the V2's because everyone crowds to the V3s.

• Helpful
Reactions: CarlS
What ever happened to the notion that V3 Superchargers would not split the charge? This was widely touted by Tesla but so far every one I have used is split. In some cases where there are V2 and V3(Waco) I have been able to charge faster at the V2's because everyone crowds to the V3s.
I remember reading that each V3 cabinet is ultimately limited to something like 575KW (sometimes even lower depending on site restrictions)

I've found the opposite to be true at Waco. Everyone crowds the entrance not realizing the first 10 stalls are V2. I guess YMMV.

Reactions: brkaus
In the process of doing some thread maintenance, I mistakenly broke inbound links to this thread. My bad.

supercharge.info folks (@Chuq @Big Earl @corywright @tes-s) could you please update the discuss link for "Austin, TX - S. Lamar Blvd." to point to this thread? The formerly-canonical thread got merged into this one, rather than the other way around, and I don't have a way to undo it. Thanks!

Bruce.

In the process of doing some thread maintenance, I mistakenly broke inbound links to this thread. My bad.

supercharge.info folks (@Chuq @Big Earl @corywright @tes-s) could you please update the discuss link for "Austin, TX - S. Lamar Blvd." to point to this thread? The formerly-canonical thread got merged into this one, rather than the other way around, and I don't have a way to undo it. Thanks!

Bruce.
All set

sigh...

At least the map is accurate

https://www.tesla.com/findus/location/supercharger/AustinTXWestsupercharger

1672848014370.png