Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Bakersfield, CA - Camino Del Rio Ct (LIVE 22 Dec 2023, 20 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Permit found by Marco, can someone add this to supercharge.info?
Screenshot 2023-03-29 at 2.23.21 PM.png

Just to take a guess, a lot of the 16 stall builds were being valued at $150k during the 2021 and 2022 supercharger building frenzy. In 2023, assuming this is valuing only a supercharger build, at least 32 stalls wouldn’t be out of the question.
A lot of the $150,000 valuation sites are electrical permits so likely just the cost of the electrical work, not including anything else (mainly Teslas equipment). Maybe they are being more accurate in their valuations. Here is a recent Lompoc permit for $350k and 12 stalls. Also, 1600A is 12 stalls, 1300kva so 2500kva is 24 stalls. Tesla prefers 600A for 4 stalls. They can do less for larger sites but it means more potential sharing and slower speeds.

1680373695527.png

There's a 2500 kVA transformer lined up for installation there once it's all built and permitted. Sure enough: that's a minimum of 28 V3 stalls worth of power. View attachment 922944
Can you search your transformer database for the above Lompoc location see what size they have slated there? Maybe they are oversizing transformers for potential expansion.

My trick knee seems to think that construction at this site won't start for a couple months. If lucky, it will be open by Thanksgiving, if not Christmas. There is always a lot of congestion at Superchargers throughout the holidays, and this location will take some of the stress off Tejon Ranch for those of us using 99. It will also help with those to and from the Bay Area if their destinations are east into Arizona or Lost Wages, as they can skip the congestion along I5 and perhaps even Mojave.

But my trick knee is frequently wrong.

Reactions: shadowmyst87
Two work trucks and a van had large Tesla logos on them. I'll try to get by there in the next few days and snap a pic..
Thanks! Just helps to verify that it is a supercharger being installed. And interesting that Tesla is doing the work instead of contractors. Maybe a V4 site? 🤔 🧐 Usually you don’t see Tesla employees there until it is provisioning time. We will know more with pictures.

Reactions: Doug Martoccia