Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Barstow, CA - Tanger Way (LIVE, 70 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It doesn't look to me like there is a raised curb there. It may be that way to allow for wheelchair access?
That is the case. You can see the ADA-compliant stalls adjacent to the damaged stall in the background of the photo. Also notice that those stalls have white bollards protecting the charging posts; I bet a similar treatment awaits the damaged stall. Or, at the very least, a wheel stop will be installed.

Visited the site on Sunday, July 2nd. The solar canopy install looks complete, and the construction fencing (and porta-potties) that I saw here in May are now gone.

As reported by others, many of the pedestals are still covered. This is due to the fact that this site is still awaiting the installation of two transformers! In the photo below notice the two empty concrete pads where they will (eventually) be installed.

The destination chargers were not powered during my visit.

7F608D41-CA73-47D2-9879-5DFDAC7EB0AF.jpeg 12CFA526-C085-48D1-89BE-47F7838677DC.jpeg

Visited the site on Sunday, July 2nd. The solar canopy install looks complete, and the construction fencing (and porta-potties) that I saw here in May are now gone.

As reported by others, many of the pedestals are still covered. This is due to the fact that this site is still awaiting the installation of two transformers! In the photo below notice the two empty concrete pads where they will (eventually) be installed.

The destination chargers were not powered during my visit.

View attachment 953474 View attachment 953466
Wow that’s a good amount of solar! Also nice to have the sun blocked off during the summer months.

Reactions: awokeinthelbc
I remember back in the day the promise was that future SpCs would be the Solar/Battery/Starlink style, but it sure seems to be the minority. Obviously desert sites are more likely to take advantage of those features, but if you already went to the trouble to rent the property you can pay off the solar panels rather quickly with the NEM rates, if you already have solar and you add batteries to it you reduce your peak usage which makes the electricity you do need cheaper to buy. And when they added pay for premium connectivity they promised WiFi at each charger

The best day to install all this is yesterday

Reactions: awokeinthelbc
I remember back in the day the promise was that future SpCs would be the Solar/Battery/Starlink style, but it sure seems to be the minority. Obviously desert sites are more likely to take advantage of those features, but if you already went to the trouble to rent the property you can pay off the solar panels rather quickly with the NEM rates, if you already have solar and you add batteries to it you reduce your peak usage which makes the electricity you do need cheaper to buy. And when they added pay for premium connectivity they promised WiFi at each charger

The best day to install all this is yesterday
They’re trying with mixed results. Starlink service is spotty esp when site is full.

I supercharged here on Thursday, July 6th. So many charging stalls. The roof and the huge Tesla logo look awesome. This is the first supercharging station I've seen with destination chargers. Half of the supercharging stalls were still covered. If only I lived in Barstow ... ;)

Sometime they're free. It's slower charge rate gentler on battery esp in hot climes where hi speed charging is more likely to crack the lithium lattice structure of battery thus reducing capacity prematurely. In extreme climes preconditioning as early as possible is key to let bms temp regulate as best as possible for as long as possible beforehand

Sometime they're free. It's slower charge rate gentler on battery esp in hot climes where hi speed charging is more likely to crack the lithium lattice structure of battery thus reducing capacity prematurely. In extreme climes preconditioning as early as possible is key to let bms temp regulate as best as possible for as long as possible beforehand

I reassure you that no Tesla needs battery conditioning when charging in Barstow in the summer.