Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Barstow, CA - Tanger Way (LIVE, 70 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I assume they close it during the week to work on the other stalls and open it on the weekend with whatever is working.
A better question is anyone have any idea why they have so many destination chargers? Are there even that many Teslas in Barstow?
L2 chargers are convenient for hotel guests to plug in overnight without worrying about disconnecting, and could reduce demand for L3s. Good for sit-down dining or movie theatres as well, but I don't see either of those near this location. I guess they could also be handy for a long shopping day at the outlet mall?

I assume they close it during the week to work on the other stalls and open it on the weekend with whatever is working.
A better question is anyone have any idea why they have so many destination chargers? Are there even that many Teslas in Barstow?
No, the closure appear to be for the long term with chain linked fence and porta-potty in place. Looks like they are getting ready for some sort of construction.

C9C01387-3497-42A2-A273-75456C5FEE15.jpeg
C6E13FD0-C27E-4D43-9139-AABC192FD671.jpeg

Pretty sure the chargers are principally there to serve freeway/highway traffic to and from Las Vegas and the Colorado River and beyond.

I bet they're going to install solar over the parking lot.

The shade would definitely be appreciated!
You might be onto something here. Tesla is doing the same at Traver, on SR99 north of the junction with SR198 and about six miles south of Kingsburg. I drove past yesterday, and the canopy is quite large. Barstow likely gets even more sun that Tulare County.

Drove past on Saturday, it appeared to have cars in it charging. Not sure what was changed as I stayed on I-15.

Negative.

As of today, construction crew is on site; as well as, construction material. If you look closely in my picture, there seem to be reinforcement framing for large support columns. Most likely for solar roof going over the lot.

58B02B5D-321D-46D6-8617-331153EB3B5D.jpeg
650F50A8-3FB9-45CD-98C1-E6359DE1F1F2.jpeg