Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Beaumont, TX - Walden Road

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yup, it would still be nice to have decent infrastructure for my MD Anderson Trips from LFT. I guess the number of 300 + mile cars makes a supercharger in the area not as necessary, but you could certainly say the same for Lafayette.

As a side note if anyone gets in a bind at the Lafayette Supercharger my house is a mile away and I may be able to help.

Reactions: drdumont
As a side note if anyone gets in a bind at the Lafayette Supercharger my house is a mile away and I may be able to help.

That's the Tesla spirit! I travel DAL-MSY a lot, but don't like sitting at the Shreveport charger in the middle of the night. I'd rather take the diagonal from Dallas down to
Beaumont, but it's a stretch for me.

Walmart in Vidor, eh? iIll have to investigate that. But I don't want to buy a CHADEMO adapter, Ick.

I see a lot of Superchargers with "2020" as the target opening date. Not a lot of confidence there, though.

With a Model3 SR+ that sort of limits my trip's plans. I hate to be tied to the 1772
slow chargers or depend on Nissan dealerships.
Thanks for the update, though!

Will the SR+ not do the 125 miles Lake Charels - Channelview? Or do you have the same issue I have waiting for a fairly high state of charge at either Supercharger, or the pain of needing to go TO Beaumont and make it back out?

Disappointing development indeed, certainly my most anticipated Supercharger for the last several years.

After years of waiting, the planned Beaumont Supercharger has been removed from Tesla's Supercharger map as of the 2021 update. So sad to see this location canceled
Thanks for the heads up. I'm sadden as well. From any location on I-10 to Beaumont and back is tricky. Sorry to see this go. I'd thought for sure they'd do this at the Holiday Inn Express.

Will the SR+ not do the 125 miles Lake Charels - Channelview? Or do you have the same issue I have waiting for a fairly high state of charge at either Supercharger, or the pain of needing to go TO Beaumont and make it back out?

Disappointing development indeed, certainly my most anticipated Supercharger for the last several years.
Sometimes I will take on a bigger charge if I am doing computer work while sitting. The rest of the time I have finally decided to let the car manage the battery for me. However, from time to time
I do DAL- BTR - MSY - BTR- DAL. I really don't like the Shreveport Supercharger in the middle of the night, my usual return time. Lafayette is not a lot better. Wish they were all like Cisco and
other locations in truck stops. I'm not licensed to carry in Louisiana.
So that means I have to go to Houston and turn left. I'd like to go on the diagonal down to IH-10
but the numbers don't work out with the small battery.
Oh well, I got a year end bonus which goes into my Trade Up To The Bigger Battery And White Interior Which I Should Have Bought Last February Fund. Then I will have to investigate a Black Delete, but that's another story. I like the chrome on the M3.

Sometimes I will take on a bigger charge if I am doing computer work while sitting. The rest of the time I have finally decided to let the car manage the battery for me. However, from time to time
I do DAL- BTR - MSY - BTR- DAL. I really don't like the Shreveport Supercharger in the middle of the night, my usual return time. Lafayette is not a lot better. Wish they were all like Cisco and
other locations in truck stops. I'm not licensed to carry in Louisiana.
So that means I have to go to Houston and turn left. I'd like to go on the diagonal down to IH-10
but the numbers don't work out with the small battery.
Oh well, I got a year end bonus which goes into my Trade Up To The Bigger Battery And White Interior Which I Should Have Bought Last February Fund. Then I will have to investigate a Black Delete, but that's another story. I like the chrome on the M3.
SR can work for some folks, but for road tripping it is much more sensitive to supercharger location.
It should be easier in a few years when there are more superchargers along with a bunch of alternative fast charging options.

Reactions: drdumont
Any Beaumont Tesla owners? I'm coming back to SETX for the first time in my Tesla - I live in Dallas. Do you all charge at the Wal Mart in Vidor? I should be able to charge, slowly...at my parents. Not wanting to fork over $600-$800 for Chademo

Any Beaumont Tesla owners? I'm coming back to SETX for the first time in my Tesla - I live in Dallas. Do you all charge at the Wal Mart in Vidor? I should be able to charge, slowly...at my parents. Not wanting to fork over $600-$800 for Chademo
ABetterRouteplanner.com sez you can make it from the Channelview Supercharger along IH-19 to the Lake Charles Supercharger in a Model 3 SR+.
However, there is something highly piscatorial, as the Channelview S/C doesn't appear properly. However, comma, that GUI is as buggy as the first
FORTRAN program anything I ever wrote.

1637671049260.png

That is such a large hole in the system.

I got this from Beaumont, TX 77701 - Electric Car Charging Stations Map. I have no idea how accurate it is.
1637671581991.png

In my M3SR+ I would be tempted to stop at the ENTERGY site for a quick sip, so I could try for North Houston. But with the Houston
traffic, it would be a bit of a pants wetter. In my M3LRAWD, I would feel better.
As you may be aware, the Beaumont S/C was dangled before our hungry eyes for quite awhile, then it vanished.
Let us know how you get on.

Last edited: