Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Benson, NC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
M

MarcoRP

A new Supercharger is coming soon to Benson, NC!!

Found a permit filed in January (now issued) for a Supercharger install at the Hampton Inn at 100 Water Place Landing. The site may be under construction, taking into account Tesla's projected opening date.

Benson.jpg

A new Supercharger is coming soon to Benson, NC!!

Found a permit filed in January (now issued) for a Supercharger install at the Hampton Inn at 100 Water Place Landing. The site may be under construction, taking into account Tesla's projected opening date.

View attachment 767143

We stayed in this Hampton Inn back over Thanksgiving. They already have two Tesla destination chargers, and two J-1772 ones. (PlugShare entry)

It was a really nice hotel, and dog-friendly as well. Very convenient for the I-40/I-95 interchange just a mile north as well. And some food options a short walk away.

Hampton Inn locations seem to be going big on electric charging. I also stayed at two different Hampton Inns in West Virginia, on the way to and from Chicago back in December, and each had 3 Tesla and one J-1772 charger available.

I could swear I saw a picture posted somewhere of construction progress on this, but now I can't find it (sorry -- I'll keep looking). Might be worth checking this site out for construction progress.
We stayed there 4/15 and the construction looked complete, but there was no power. We will stay there again next week. I’ll plan to post a picture.

Hope there is somewhere nearby to get some food.
I stayed at this hotel in November 2021, because they already had destination and J1772 chargers.

There are a couple of local chains just a short walk on the small access road, and some more places a little further walk across the main cross road (but still on the same side of the interstate).

I'm sure the hotel will let you use their restrooms and they probably have complimentary coffee. As an added bonus, it's a dog-friendly hotel, and there is a town dog park right next door.