Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Laurinburg, NC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Laurinburg, NC

Host Type: Mall
Host: Scotland Plaza
Along Primary Interstates: I-74
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): US-15, US-74, US-401, US-501
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None

I-74

To: End (NC41 at Lumberton, NC) - 30.7 miles
Diversion: 1.3 miles

US-15

To: Sanford, NC - 56.9 miles
Diversion: 0.2 miles
To: Durham, NC - 95.8 miles

US-74

To: Leland, NC - 102.4 miles
Diversion: 1.3 miles
To: Wilmington - N College Rd, NC - 114 miles

US-401

To: Raleigh, NC - 108.5 miles
Diversion: 0.6 miles
To: End (I-85/US-1 north of Wise, NC) - 168.4 miles

US-501

To: Sanford, NC - 59.4 miles
Diversion: 0.3 miles
To: Durham, NC - 98.2 miles

Thank you Tesla, 1 Interstate-ish, and 4 US Numbered Highways!
Interstate-ish because it's not actually I-74 there yet, as it needs to be upgraded to Interstate standards. It's between sections of I-74.

Tesla just opened a new Supercharger in Laurinburg, NC today without anyone knowing it was under construction.
C'mon guys! Where are the boots on the ground giving us the inside scoop... we're better than this!
😂

Looks like they opened a lot of new sites today, must be end of quarter push to get their numbers up for reporting. I love it!

I don't drive on I-74 very often, but this location looks a lot better than the one in Rockingham. I used that last summer and it was just too far off the highway for my liking. Looks like good amenities around this location. Good location in my book!

Tesla just opened a new Supercharger in Laurinburg, NC today without anyone knowing it was under construction.

And who knows when it really opened. Just after this post they mentioned the new Wilmington just opened, which Supercharge had open for almost 2 weeks!

1688133810211.png
1688133830440.png

Charged without incident yesterday, going to be my one stop between Chapel Hill and SC beaches. No issues, 2 others charging at the 12 stalls. Unfortunately, the nearby Japanese restaurant is closed on Mondays, but good sandwich at Firehouse Subs.
This will finally make the drive from Wilmington to CLT area much more pleasant! The Rockingham Charger is unbelievably far off the route. So glad this is active!

Nice addition. I don’t generally need a charge coming back to CLT but in the winter I’ve had to stop in Rockingham and it is way too far off 74. This is perfect to get 5 mins of charge in the winter or if I don’t get fully charged when leaving the coast. N. Topsail area, that is. And Smithfield’s (my achilles heal) is close by.

I just drove from Charlotte NC to Jacksonville and the car didn't even suggest the Laurenburg NC charger. ABRP did but when the car wouldn't show it I assumed ABRP must be wrong. Now that I'm home and researching this, Laurenburg is obviously a real genuine Tesla supercharger location but neither my car, mobile app, or the Tesla trip planner will acknowledge it's existence and route you to Lumberton or Rockingham instead. I let the car route me through Lumberton which made for a lot of smaller highways filled with deer at night, so not just annoying but this was potentially a much more dangerous route for us in the dark last night.

Any idea why my Model Y won't map through Laurenburg? The last checkin on Plugshare is Oct 28, 2023, but the real-time count says 9 right now so I assume that means 3 are in use "as I type this". I guess I will use it next trip to/from Charlotte and make sure I have enough range to make it to Rockingham as a "plan B".

I just drove from Charlotte NC to Jacksonville and the car didn't even suggest the Laurenburg NC charger. ABRP did but when the car wouldn't show it I assumed ABRP must be wrong. Now that I'm home and researching this, Laurenburg is obviously a real genuine Tesla supercharger location but neither my car, mobile app, or the Tesla trip planner will acknowledge it's existence and route you to Lumberton or Rockingham instead. I let the car route me through Lumberton which made for a lot of smaller highways filled with deer at night, so not just annoying but this was potentially a much more dangerous route for us in the dark last night.

Any idea why my Model Y won't map through Laurenburg? The last checkin on Plugshare is Oct 28, 2023, but the real-time count says 9 right now so I assume that means 3 are in use "as I type this". I guess I will use it next trip to/from Charlotte and make sure I have enough range to make it to Rockingham as a "plan B".
FWIW, I did this route 2 weeks ago and my Model 3 had me stop in Laurinburg. I don’t usually require a stop but it was really cold that day and I was burning through battery. Not sure why your car skips it.

I’ve stopped at Laurinburg several times in the past few weeks. It’s a good location per charging speed, availability and food options. Lumberton is quite long in the tooth (slower). FWIW, when I’m driving familiar routes, I let the car tell me where to stop, but monitor stops closer and farther and change sometimes if I have the stamina and the stop has better amenities.

Reactions: BrownOuttaSpec