Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Branson, MO (speculation)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I talked to a supercharger construction crew once. They have a schedule of where to be and when to be there. If they're really busy, they might have locations scheduled out for several months, or if things are slower, it might only be a week or two. So, they could start construction in Branson anytime. When they're done, the electrical company needs to install the meter and turn the power on (which can take a few or many days) and then Tesla's commissioning team has to certify the location is good to go. I've seen locations go in pretty fast and some much slower, so it's hard to know at this point. Hopefully, it'll be ready for the summer season.
Branson has been on and off the "coming soon" list for at least 6 or 7 years. Something tells me it's going to go slowly as it has been.

No construction activity as of a couple days ago. Not sure how long Tesla takes to start once permitting is approved, but going off of the Supercharger at Buc-ee’s in Springfield, I’m guessing it might be a few months—I can’t get into Springfield/Greene County’s permit dashboard (it’s not open to the public like Branson’s is) but based on timelines reported in the thread on that charger, the permit was approved several months ago but construction didn’t start until just recently.

That means the Branson charger won’t be ready in time for summer peak tourist season, unfortunately.

If it's anything like the recent Conway AR supercharger.

Permit Approved: 11/06/2023
Construction Started: ~12/15/2023
Finalized and open: 02/16/2024

They did seemingly have some problems during the install process for Conway though. Led to a bunch of work after everything looked done.