Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Brooksville, FL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Found an almost ready Supercharger in Brooksville at the Winn-Dixie. 50 & I-75. Winn-Dixie · 31100 Cortez Blvd, Brooksville, FL 34602

1639408087175.png

Pretty crazy nobody found any hints that Tesla was building one here until the construction was almost complete! I hope these surprises keep coming around me (I live in Spring Hill now). A supercharging station on US19 in Hernando County would be another nice addition to the network.

I stopped by Wednesday afternoon and all the construction looks complete (couldn't charge). I asked a worker after Christmas if he knew when they were going to be turned on, and he thought they might have power sometime the first week of January.

• Informative
Reactions: X Fan
Charged there yesterday.…..beautiful 74 degree weather and no humidity.

fyi:
Due to road construction a little challenging to get there and get out (need to u-turn to get back to I-75 across construction cones).

Decent Winn-Dixie to shop at but rest of shopping plaza is meh.

For folks going South, Venice and Punta Gorda opening can’t come fast enough. I had to overcharge at Brooksville because Sarasota was mostly full along with Brandon/Riverview.

I’d gather with all of the expected power outages in Ga, SC and NC, Florida crews will be going up north to assist. Thus, I’m not expecting Venice or Punts Gorda to open soon.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: mociaf9
I ended up charging here 2 times while on vacation in Spring Hill. I was able to hit 246KW! I thought I would need to charger here more over the last week but I was able to use a dryer plug at my families house. 2,988 Miles in 10 days solo driver!

Just stopped at this charger. There's some kind of insect life that's nesting on the chargers. They also fall from the trees above. They look like Walnut Caterpillars.

You need to get in and out of your car pretty quick as once they're on the car they'll just crawl around. Frameless windows also means a risk of them getting stuck in the window seal at the top, depending on how the window closes.

• Informative
Reactions: X Fan