Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Buffalo, NY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
20150522_153730.jpg
20150522_153442.jpg

Spot lines have been painted on the new asphalt. No NYSEG transformer yet but there is some sort of trenching around the base pad/vault for the transformer. Any ideas what that is for? Pictures were taken Friday at 3:30PM. BTW while our wait is a bit frustrating, check out the San Diego SC construction site. That one is virtually finished and energized but is kept locked because the handicapped spots are not sufficiently level! Construction day #157!

Last edited:
My best guess is either it needs a larger pad or its for a grounding grid required by the utility. I'm driving through the area in a week and crossing my fingers. Otherwise I go through Canada to make my way West. I can make it from Syracuse to Woodstock going 60 MPH... The new trip planner on the navigation screen says I won't make it! I had 15 miles to spare! I've put on 37K miles and know my car well.

My best guess is either it needs a larger pad or its for a grounding grid required by the utility. I'm driving through the area in a week and crossing my fingers. Otherwise I go through Canada to make my way West. I can make it from Syracuse to Woodstock going 60 MPH... The new trip planner on the navigation screen says I won't make it! I had 15 miles to spare! I've put on 37K miles and know my car well.

Ever try driving behind a truck? You don't need to tailgate very closely and it noticeably reduces energy use. I'm hoping to be able to charge at the Buffalo site before we head out to California June 8th!

DFiveK2: Sorry to make you sad!

I got a call today from the reporter from the Buffalo News who is interested in doing a story about Tesla cars in conjunction with the soon (we hope) to be opened Clarence Supercharger. She told me that, "The lady from Tesla told me that the Supercharger will open in mid June."!! The reporter wanted to see the site but was told that Tesla did not wish to publicize the location before it opened. I laughed and told her there was no secret. I directed her to this thread and we discussed the construction. We met at the site around 2 PM. I explained that we were just waiting for NYSEG to hook us up to the grid, gave her a ride in my Model S, and showed her my home charger. She wants to get one of their photographers to shoot some pictures and expects the article to go to press in about a week.

DFiveK2: Sorry to make you sad!

I got a call today from the reporter from the Buffalo News who is interested in doing a story about Tesla cars in conjunction with the soon (we hope) to be opened Clarence Supercharger. She told me that, "The lady from Tesla told me that the Supercharger will open in mid June."!! The reporter wanted to see the site but was told that Tesla did not wish to publicize the location before it opened. I laughed and told her there was no secret. I directed her to this thread and we discussed the construction. We met at the site around 2 PM. I explained that we were just waiting for NYSEG to hook us up to the grid, gave her a ride in my Model S, and showed her my home charger. She wants to get one of their photographers to shoot some pictures and expects the article to go to press in about a week.

It's not a big deal, but I kinda hope the hold the story until the SC is open. A news story about "something new is available" is more interesting than "something new is coming".

Sounds like a good idea. Call the utility company for comment ! I'm coming from New Mexico starting on June 14th. Expect to be there on about the 17th. That is the last and only supercharger I need to make it all the way to Maine. Go Buffalo !! (any HPWC in the area ? just in case..)

That is the last and only supercharger I need to make it all the way to Maine. Go Buffalo !! (any HPWC in the area ? just in case..)

Not to volunteer others, but it looks like there are a few HPWC chargers available on Plugshare within a couple miles of the Supercharger. I think a couple of them may belong to posters on this thread. ;) I can't seem to get Plugshare to give me links, but if you search in this area while logged in there are a few.

Buffalo is the last SC I need for a trip in July so that I don't have to cut through Canada. The new SC in Lebanon, NH will also be useful.

Now if I could just get Tesla to install an SC in northwest Wisconsin, near Hayward I'd be a happy camper. It would remove an overnight KOA stop for me.

Yes, it looks all dressed up and ready to go! Just needs to be connected to the grid. Are you listening NYSEG? I was hoping to be able to use the station before we embarked on our cross country trip to the LA area next Monday (6/8). It seems I'll use it when we return later in June.