Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Buffalo, NY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anything happening out there ?? Will I be able to use a Supercharger in Buffalo the middle of next week ?? Look for a Pearl white New Mexico Tesla S.
IMG_9791.jpg
We are waiting for the Albuquerque Supercharger to open up too. It's been 40 days. Not quite as long as Buffalo. 58 days and counting. Why these delays when the hardware is there ?

As of Monday 6/8 at 3 pm the fuses were not in place in the pole and there was no meter. A Tesla representative told local news media it would be open "mid June". But then they said it would be open early January last November. its the "Tesla soon".

Nothing like a good news article to get things moving! Nice work xrayangiodoc!

It's sad you have to expose the "powers-that-be" like that to get work done but my experience doing business in this area is that nothing happens with the Iberdrola/NYSEG people without some real proactive project management, media attention or pre-existing relationships from previous local projects.

We're just so loyal and friendly in Western NY! This supercharger is going to ramp up some real Tesla sales in Western NY now that we can travel outside our home cities. Everyone I've talked to in town about my Tesla is really excited about the vehicle and is shocked to hear about the Supercharger capability and the travel it enables. And this is before I've even got the car.

Hi everyone! While barreling through Kansas on I-70 (75mph posted) I got a call from another Tesla owner asking if he could use my charger. I had to let him know that I was REALLY out of town! Looks like he won't have that problem soon. Looks like I'll be able to recharge at the Clarence SC when we return later in June!

jpw1116, Thanks for the update and the pics!

It was my pleasure, @jrreno--I was walking past after an early appointment and figured those were the final touches in progress.

Congratulations to the first "customer," @tomsModelS.

A quick recap of the many amenities, on foot:

Nearby, south:
Barnes and Noble (Starbuxx and rest rooms within)
Best Buy/Petco/Bed, Bath & Beyond
Old Country Buffet
Brennan's Bowery Bar (local, casual)
Caffe/Ristorante Espresso (local, finer)
Tully's (chain, casual)
Office Depot--for now
Salsarita's (burritos)

Nearby, north:
Eastern Hills Mall: food court, just past Sears (modest but close!)
Duff's wings (local, casual)
EHM Dipson Cinemas (art/foreign)
Dave & Buster's (J C Penney wing of mall, but closing soon)
Carmine's (local, Italian)

Across RT-78/Transit, west:
Buffalo Brew Pub (local, casual)
Friday's
Pizza Hut
Theodore's (local, hot dogs)
Chinese Buffet
Tolteca Mexican
Shogun Japanese
Anchor Bar (local, wings)
Olive Garden

Across RT-5/Main St., south:
Pesci's (local, pizza)
ALDI (discount market)
TJ Maxx
Home Depot
Chili's
The Pomegranate (local, Persian)

Great news! Greetings from Glenwood Springs, CO. We're about 1800 miles into the trip. The Models S has been perfect. Some heavy rain in the Denver area and points west. When we passed over the continental divide at over 11,000 feet the temp dropped to 37 F and there was mixed precip and slush on the side of the road! Should reach Pasadena by Saturday afternoon.