Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Buffalo, NY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Great news! Congratulations on the opening of the Buffalo Supercharger. This opens up a more convenient route to the US NE from the GTA.

Can someone please update http://supercharge.info/ and http://www.plugshare.com/

Let's get the word out
Yup! Will be going to NYC soon using it!

- - - Updated - - -

Great news! Congratulations on the opening of the Buffalo Supercharger. This opens up a more convenient route to the US NE from the GTA.

Can someone please update http://supercharge.info/ and http://www.plugshare.com/

Let's get the word out
Wow just bookmarked and signed up for plugshare. I don't have a charger yet, hopefully when I get a new condo I'll be able to share the love... I mean voltage and amperage ;)

Looking to take a family trip from Boston to see Niagara Falls in the Model S. As far as I can tell this is the last needed step to make that happen.

Tesla doesnt have this listed on their site. Any idea whats up with that?

The sites usually are live for several days before they show up in the Nav system, Findus and Tesla Supercharger map.

Here is the meter at about 8 p.m. Friday. . . .

IMG_20150612_201444.jpg

The sites usually are live for several days before they show up in the Nav system, Findus and Tesla Supercharger map.

So, we launched west towards Buffalo on the strength of the reports by etm33, jpw1116, jrreno and TomsModelS. Pulled up at the designated coordinates, plugged in, and --- POWER!

DSC_8722a.jpg

Soon after, etm33 showed up on site for a little chat. Then a mysterious white Tesla backed in, but didn't start charging. After a while a guy got out with a Tesla badge and explained that he was actually sending the OK to commission the charger THAT VERY INSTANT. He said, depending on how diligent the guys at the Mother Ship are, it should show up on the locator page and your 17 inch tomorrow morning or shortly thereafter. (Here he is giving the thumbs up after completion of the task).

DSC_8723a.jpg

Then he coned-off the two non-functional pedestals and disappeared into the soft rain as silently as he came. (Thank you Masked Man)

DSC_8724a.jpg

He said they normally don't announce availability until the whole site is functional, but considering the number of people hoping to hit Buffalo shortly, what the heck, we'll get those two pedestals fixed Monday.

So, off to Niagra tomorrow to take a mandatory tourist picture, back to the SC for a quick range charge, then we're blasting down thru rural Pennsylvania.

Two people stopped by to ask Tesla questions when we were charging. Three people walked up and stared at it while we were eating. Advertizing? We don't need no steenkin' advertizing! We have 80,000 acolytes all over the planet willing to spend their SC down-time explaining why joe-random stranger needs to buy a Tesla right now.

Then a mysterious white Tesla backed in, but didn't start charging. After a while a guy got out with a Tesla badge and explained that he was actually sending the OK to commission the charger THAT VERY INSTANT. He said, depending on how diligent the guys at the Mother Ship are, it should show up on the locator page and your 17 inch tomorrow morning or shortly thereafter. (Here he is giving the thumbs up after completion of the task).

View attachment 83905

How do I get that job!?

Its in my Model S nav now. Oddly the system won't route me there. I just says "charging needed to reach destination" and doesnt add chargers and there's no option to add them. Usually that bit works.
IMG_5138.jpg

The EVTripPlanner site has it now too and it shows its possible to make it from Boston and back.

FWIW my brand new car shows the buffalo and Syracuse superchargers but won't acknowledge either of them in route planning. If I am at 50% charge then it tells me to go home and charge before I should head off to Kingston ON on the way to Cleveland lol.

since I've never used a supercharger... Once I charge there does the nav app remember it for future trips? Maybe that's my problem.

FWIW my brand new car shows the buffalo and Syracuse superchargers but won't acknowledge either of them in route planning. If I am at 50% charge then it tells me to go home and charge before I should head off to Kingston ON on the way to Cleveland lol.

since I've never used a supercharger... Once I charge there does the nav app remember it for future trips? Maybe that's my problem.

No, it should just work and be included on routing. It seems to be a bug in their system with that supercharger. I'd recommend contacting tesla with the issue.

Note that with the way the trip router works many owners are finding you can't really use it for multiple SC stop trips anyway.

You mean you can now save 100 miles making the trip :). I did that trip via I-70 on the way there and slow charging on the way back through ON and the thruway. Glad you get the shortcut!

Not a shortcut. A direct line that I'm accustomed to driving. It was more like an extra 130 miles. I wasn't about to drive en extra 3 hours ( with charge stops) to get there.

Cant wait to drive it.