Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Hayward, CA - Mission Blvd. (in permitting, Feb 2021)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Moderator note: This thread started as a discussion about a possible Supercharger in Castro Valley, CA. It (or at least the discussion anyway) seems to have morphed into a (second) Hayward Supercharger.

Been watching this starting with Coming 2017, to Coming 2018, and I'm guessing Coming 2019 will be the update next month.

My guess is that there's a large PG&E substation project occurring at Grove and Center, so maybe Tesla has to wait on that project to complete before they can begin their install...

I can't find any PG&E info on that sub-station upgrade plan. Does anyone else know?
I can't find any info as to where in Castro Valley the new superchargers will be located. We don't have a Target, and there are no large parking structures (excluding our new Eden Hospital).

Hmm...

Last edited by a moderator:
The good news is the huge PG&E substation project has been completed. They have chosen not to give me any details citing confidential with their larger customers. I'm guessing that means Tesla. Hopefully these are the new v3 Superchargers and not just the urban chargers especially if the number of stalls will be less than 12...

The Luckys parking lot would be great as that's the only one with lots of unused parking spaces... Both Safeways are completely full.

I noticed on the new Electrify America iOS app, that it shows that they are installing their FastDC/Level 2 chargers at the BofA on the boulevard. I hope that
IMG_1F4261BB7C7F-1.jpeg
's not where our Tesla Superchargers are going, but it's possible...

The map doesn't show the exact location just yet. It just places the push pin on the city center. Once the projects begins, then the map push pin is moved to the exact location.

If Tesla is on schedule with those estimates of operating the upcoming SCs either in 1Q or 2Q 2021, it should be easy to see that there are at the very least permits pulled by Tesla with the city. Wonder if anyone here or elsewhere on the internets has looked into it yet.

The map doesn't show the exact location just yet. It just places the push pin on the city center. Once the projects begins, then the map push pin is moved to the exact location.
On Tesla's map, the pin is usually not moved until after the site is open -- for any site marked "Coming Soon", the location should be taken as very approximate. (Rarely, sites that are almost open are moved to the correct location and marked as "Temporarily Closed". Sometimes, this seems to indicate that site was completed and expected to open but ran into last-minute issues.)

A lot of people drive mission blvd instead of 880 because 880 is always congested. It's near that cemetary =p so I understand why people won't want to charge at night. The folks traveling from Hayward and Fremont typically use Mission blvd instead of 880.

That mexican place looks good though.
Google Maps