Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Cheektowaga, NY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This one is online. It even shows up in the car screen. It is a V3 for sure as it has the thin cables. It will great for when the wife is shopping.

Attachments

• BEA89A89-3EBD-4D8F-AC19-A041E3933C29.jpeg
    BEA89A89-3EBD-4D8F-AC19-A041E3933C29.jpeg
    69.4 KB · Views: 92
  • Informative
Reactions: mociaf9 and MarcoRP
boo hiss. Panera is closed. There are some other bars/restaurants nearby. Cabelas a break option for bass fishers. Hockey supply across the street.

This makes my 35th unique supercharger visited. I'm sure modest compared to some others - but shows that electric mobility works.

Supercharger units are made right here in Buffalo (in case you didnt know).

IMG_5451.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: DriveMe and Shaz
So, it’s V3, but currently limited to 125-150 kW, right?

I've never heard of V3 chargers being artificially limited to anything besides the nominal power. The fact that someone did not see a full 250 kW doesn't really tell us anything. Plus, the taper from V3 to V2 charging rates is pretty quick so the difference is only really noticeable below 40% SoC.

I've never heard of V3 chargers being artificially limited to anything besides the nominal power. The fact that someone did not see a full 250 kW doesn't really tell us anything. Plus, the taper from V3 to V2 charging rates is pretty quick so the difference is only really noticeable below 40% SoC.

that makes some sense. I started charging at 32% and it I was so excited to see 1000 mph charge that I didn’t pay attention to kw at that time. It’s quite possible it was full but after 40% it tapered. I’ll try it again next time I’m in town and run the battery to a lower SoC before I do.

that makes some sense. I started charging at 32% and it I was so excited to see 1000 mph charge that I didn’t pay attention to kw at that time. It’s quite possible it was full but after 40% it tapered. I’ll try it again next time I’m in town and run the battery to a lower SoC before I do.

If you saw 1000 mph, then it should be around 250 kW! Great!

I'm a new owner in the Buffalo Area. I'm glad to see they finally added a second stop! Now they need one in inner Rochester so my wife can charge after work.

Question: Where do they calculate the cost of supercharging? .29 cents seems high as I thought it was based on local electricity cost. I'm fairly certain noone in our area is paying more than .20 unless I'm wrong.

I'm a new owner in the Buffalo Area. I'm glad to see they finally added a second stop! Now they need one in inner Rochester so my wife can charge after work.

Question: Where do they calculate the cost of supercharging? .29 cents seems high as I thought it was based on local electricity cost. I'm fairly certain noone in our area is paying more than .20 unless I'm wrong.

Commercial costs are different than consumer costs due to demand charges. Tesla gets hit a lot on demand charges because it takes into account the highest usage for the month in that calculation. Tesla is also trying to recoup some of the cost in deploying the superchargers. So yes it is higher than other ways to charge but at least they are not charging crazy prices like some other third party chargers.